Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Snatch

Mobility WOD-All the way from Copenhagen

(A)  - SNATCH 
Build to a ME lift on Snatch over 8 attempt, then take 85% of your heaviest load & perform
2 lifts OTM for 6min.


(B) Prep Group - 2000m Row (Then mobilise or work a skill)
ALL OTHERS
10min AMRAP
5 Unbroken Hang Clean 60/43
5 Burpees

                                                                                                  

Our greatest glory is not in ever falling but in rising every time we fall.
Confucius

8 comments:

  1. New PB on my snatch of 47kgs.. up by 5kgs so stoked!! 2 attempts at 49.5... first one felt pretty close but no cigar.. so Im hunting down the 50kg snatch now!!! PT with Glenn is paying off that's for sure :)

    First time I've ever rowed 2kms and I felt ok until maybe the last 600m... ended up with 8:33.. I'll be working on getting that in sub 8

    Another great start to the day :) Looking forward to doing the Amrap at some point.. Hang cleans and burpees are my fav

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went Rock Climbing this morning for something different. Absolutely loved it. It was my first time and it built my confidence enormously cause I did it!!! Put a different slant on my usual PT session. Thanks Glenn!!!! My Crossfit training/ability and how far I have come was actually measurable thru doing the climbs. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snatch 43,63,73,78(F) stopped there as i just didn't have the explosive power this morning and my shoulders felt pretty fatigued from the balance and floor press last night. Still wanted to progress with the OTM work so i went up to the 85% of my heaviest lift last week and missed 2 reps of 12 @63kg. Missed 1 last week @ 60kg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nawh I wish I got to go Rock Climbing!!! Well Done Melissa, thats awesome. We will have to do a group one some time soon, not a Sunday night tho hey Glenn??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snatch:
    51kg. Haven't been even close for what feels like forever.
    HC, thanks. Good day...no Great day.

    Row: 8.45.1min

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worked up to 50kg Snatch, gotta get past that mark some time soon!

    Row: 8:18:08

    ReplyDelete
  7. Row tonight 7:07 which felt slow but it was a pb then worked max muscle ups. 2 in a row best and got that a couple of times. Looking forward to my rogue rings arriving and getting some practice in at CFP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. New PB snatch 26kg...yay

    Failed 2 lifts in emotm. It was hard to get straight back into nit and try again, so I was very happy when I did and got the next one. Conquering the snatch.

    WOD
    Scaled @30kg, a bit heavier than I would normally do. But was ok.
    8+3

    And I say Glenn should just BUILD a rock climbing set up at CFP.....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.