Woke up feeling really average this morning - sore and tired, hating on the world... Once I got going though I forgot about feeling sorry for myself and my love affair with CrossFit was back on track!
Nat, you had your "Crossfit Poker face" on. No one would doubt your commitment this morning. AND you managed to lap me. It's days like those that we still turn up that makes us different to the rest. Hence my second post is for you. :0)
"We are practicing not weightlifting but commitment. Commitment spawns success. Only by redoubling our efforts do we best succeed. Expecting success to motivate our efforts is the loser's gambit." Anonymous crossfit coach.
Just OHS this morning...never really worked on a 1rm for this but was happy with 64kg's!! I remember only last November I couldn't do 3 reps @30kg's and it was in a team wod and I felt useless!!! So although we are always hard on ourselves and want more it is sometimes nice to reflect back and be happy about progress.
A) OHS new PB at 55kg (old PB 47.5kg) Focus on full squat depth. B) WOD Rx'd 4rounds + 1 rep focus on even tempo for all rounds. Really enjoyed seeing Veronica practice her muscle ups and handstand kipping pushups. V. you're a real inspiration and a huge boost for the "Ratties".
Thanks John. I'm really enjoying the Lab Rats sessions. The move from training on my own during the day to with a group at 6am has been fantastic. I'm back to enjoying my training again....so a big 'thank you' Lab Rats!
Sat: Practiced Deadlifts off boxes below the knees with V. and Jen Worked up to 120kg then 5 sets x2 @ 120 progressed to ME heavy Deadlift. 125,130,135,137.5,140, 145 All PB's (prev PB 121kg) Great start to the weekend. Thoughts are will all the athletes on Sundays meet. Have a great comp. everyone.
Woke up feeling really average this morning - sore and tired, hating on the world... Once I got going though I forgot about feeling sorry for myself and my love affair with CrossFit was back on track!
ReplyDelete(A) 48.5kg
(B) 4+27 (+ 1/4 of a 1/2 gasser) RXD
Nat, you had your "Crossfit Poker face" on. No one would doubt your commitment this morning. AND you managed to lap me. It's days like those that we still turn up that makes us different to the rest. Hence my second post is for you. :0)
Delete"We are practicing not weightlifting but commitment. Commitment spawns success. Only by redoubling our efforts do we best succeed. Expecting success to motivate our efforts is the loser's gambit."
ReplyDeleteAnonymous crossfit coach.
Love it! Thanks John.
Delete(A) OHS - 50kg, Failed the 55kg. I'll get you next time.
ReplyDelete(B) 4+10
40kg Back Squat
16kg KB Swing
Good Luck to everyone competing on Sunday.
Just OHS this morning...never really worked on a 1rm for this but was happy with 64kg's!!
ReplyDeleteI remember only last November I couldn't do 3 reps @30kg's and it was in a team wod and I felt useless!!! So although we are always hard on ourselves and want more it is sometimes nice to reflect back and be happy about progress.
That is some kind of awesome increase 8-0 !!!!
DeleteOHS - 32.5kg, PB up from 27.5kg :-))
ReplyDeleteWOD
Scaled BS to 25kg, a bit lighter, didn't want to be too sore for Sun.
4+27 (+ 1/4 gasser) just like Nat!
To those I won't see on Sun, have a lovely November, I'll be back in four weeks after I finish gallivanting up the east coast.
A) OHS new PB at 55kg (old PB 47.5kg) Focus on full squat depth.
ReplyDeleteB) WOD Rx'd 4rounds + 1 rep focus on even tempo for all rounds.
Really enjoyed seeing Veronica practice her muscle ups and handstand kipping pushups. V. you're a real inspiration and a huge boost for the "Ratties".
Thanks John. I'm really enjoying the Lab Rats sessions. The move from training on my own during the day to with a group at 6am has been fantastic. I'm back to enjoying my training again....so a big 'thank you' Lab Rats!
DeleteSat: Practiced Deadlifts off boxes below the knees with V. and Jen
ReplyDeleteWorked up to 120kg then 5 sets x2 @ 120
progressed to ME heavy Deadlift.
125,130,135,137.5,140, 145 All PB's (prev PB 121kg) Great start to the weekend.
Thoughts are will all the athletes on Sundays meet. Have a great comp. everyone.