Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mobility WOD


Kelly Starrett, is a Physical Therapist & owner of San Francisco CrossFit. Kelly believes that increasing your mobility isn't something you have to see a specialist to do. You need to take responsibility for fixing yourself and maintaining yourself. Kelly has started a new project, Mobility WOD. What is Mobility Wod?


"Every human being should be able to perform basic maintenance on themselves. You know how to eat, how to train, and what to do if you have a cut. You should also know how to fix your tight hips, painful knees, and stiff shoulders, and how to make yourself faster and more powerful. It's too much to mobilize everything, all the time, everyday. Start somewhere. The Mobility Wod should take you four to ten minutes to complete. Do it everyday. Remember the area that feel like a Shaman's Blow."


This is great. There is a video of the Mobility WOD posted everyday. The link will be posted on the right hand side of our page. We cover a lot of areas at CrossFit Penrith & are sometimes guilty of skimming subjects outside of the "3-2-1 GO" realm. Now you can log onto your computer at home and hit the Mobility Wod when you have a few spare minutes in your day. Be better... follow the Mobility Wod!!! http://mobilitywod.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. sounds great - will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what a Head Coach does, he is always looking to better his athletes performance rather then his own performance as an athlete. If it was any other way then the reality is that he would just be looking for ways to improve his own performance and not his team mates.

    I checked it out and reflected on my own preparation post beer before a workout days and although i prepare mentally always, physically i can improve my prep and this link just planted a seed for me.

    CrossFit Penrith is in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the clip HC it makes a lot of sense and highlights the fact that we do not prepare enough for our WODs. I actually have a pair of those back balls shown in the clip and Courts has the foam roller so we have no excuses. I'm off to do some quality stretching right now . Muchos Gracias Amigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, glad you found some value in it. Your right Lynne about no-one having any excuses now. If we cant find time during a busy day before CFP, well now we have full use of Courtneys stretching/mobility area at the top of the stairs. Go check it out next time your in, it truelly could be a "stairway to heaven" for some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This guy is really good. I've been using some of Kelly's 2 minute drills that I've gotten off the CrossFit Journal religiously, twice a day since I got back from the US. When I first began I must say it was really painful....but persevere I did and now it's actually enjoyable. I think it's also noticeable, just this week Justine mentioned the range of movement in my KB swings has increased, arms completely locked out, ears visible without me having to push my head out at all.

    Along with my usual 2 minute drills, I'll be doing Kelly's mobility wods, if it can help me improve, I'm in.

    Also, thought I'd mention that The CrossFit Journal is an extremely useful tool for anyone who wants to improve technique, read really interesting articles on all kinds of things, watch clips on how to correctly execute movements, rehabilitation and loads more......only USD25, great investment in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome HC!!
    hah yes no excuses now we have court's hornets nest up there LOL...

    im going to do some of the stretching now:)

    i agree with u MR HIDE (jody) CFP is in good hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see the areas in which Crossfit was lacking is starting to get some recognition.

    Now if only we could all stop doing only HARD, FAST and HEAVY workouts and see that it will play an overall part in our CrossFit performance then Crossfit would be really starting to cultivate healthy fit strong people in all areas.

    We finally seem to have jumped on to the stretching band wagon. Now maybe some tonic tension for our tonic muscle fibers?

    It will be the way in which HQ have to head, in my opinion. After all, they are continually bombarded with people saying that CF can cause injuries.


    3..2...1.. Start Stretching them shitty, problem areas! :) wooo!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.