Friday, October 15, 2010

15/10/2010

Matt Chan, 1st Place 94kg Division and overall Event Champion



Mobility WOD: http://mobilitywod.blogspot.com/
History took place a couple of weekends ago. USAW and CrossFit teamed up for an official competition. It's a weightlifting meet with a CF twist. There were 3 events... Max snatch, Max Clean & Jerk, and as many rounds and reps in 10 mins of: 6 Squat Clean m55kg/w30kg, 12 Pull Ups, 24 Double Unders. This is a huge deal and my hope is for this event to make the olympics one day.
WOD #1 is inspired by the event.
WOD#1
3 Attempts for 1rm Snatch
THEN
10min AMRAP
6 Squat Cleans 55/30
12 Pull Ups
24 Double Unders
THEN
3 Attempts for 1rm Clean & Jerk

*Their is a continuously running clock. You will get 6min to find your Max 1rm for Snatch (3 attempts max)
*At the 6min mark your 10min AMRAP will begin.
*At the 16min mark you will get 4min to find your 1rm C&J (Max 3 attempts)
*20min, its all over.
*Add up Max loads + reps for score

WOD#2
Run the big block

Post scores/time to comments

15 comments:

  1. I never read the board properly today, I did power snatch instead of snatch. As a result, I didn't really complete this WOD as Rxd. Below are the scores:

    Power Snatch: 65kgs (this is when I realised I stuffed up)

    Amrap: Something I can't remember.

    C & J: 80kgs (Had a heap left in reserve - I ran out of time)

    Total Score: 261

    Big Block: 6.02.

    Nead to make up for it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome workout:

    Snatch:
    1:65kgs
    2:70kgs
    3:Fail 75kgs (close!!)

    WOD as RX'd: 173 (4 Full Rounds + 5 Reps)

    Clean & Jerk:
    1:60kgs
    2:70kgs
    3:80kgs

    total: 323 points


    WOD 2: Block Run: 5:20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Everyone! If you can make it down tonight for this WOD, it is highly recommended by myself, this really was a lot of fun.

    Snatch: 46kg
    WOD: 174
    C&J: 56.5kg

    Total: 276.5

    Run around the big block: 5.45min

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this workout too!

    Snatch: 46kg PB
    WOD: 128 total reps (3 rounds + 2 reps all with yellow bands)
    Clean & jerk: 60kg PB

    Total points: 234

    Run: 6:05

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snatch 38KG
    WOD 5 + 7
    C&J 53KG

    Total 308

    All PBs which I am very happy about as I didnt do any heavy lifts in UK for 3 weeks. I actually power cleaned my 3rd attempt for C&J 55Kg another PB but couldnt get it above head.

    I ran earlier at FF so didnt do Big Block. I ran my fastest 7KM in over 12 months 7:38

    Obviously should bugger off to UK more often, You dont HAVE to all agree LOL

    Adios Amigos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously Not that fast correction 29:38 (Jet lagged to the max still)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snatch 63kg
    WOD: 3+10
    Clean & Jerk 75kg (ran out of weights)
    Total. 274
    Big block. 5:50

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snatch - 38kg
    WOD - 3 + 1
    C+J - 50kg

    Run - 7:something

    Felt like absolute sh*t... quads started to cramp up just as i turned on to Prestons st. Not a normal feeling for me so i'm a bit bummed and not happy with my efforts tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snatch: 34.5kg PB

    WOD: 4+26

    Clean & Jerk: 40kg *managed my time wrong i will learn from this mistake!

    Run: 4:54 PB I think?!

    TOTAL=226.5
    Jussy checked the weight class sheets. and i came 2nd in my weight category!! so im pretty happy with that

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVED this wod, I was looking forward to it all day :)
    Snatch- 57.5kg
    WOD - 5+9
    C&J - 72.5kg
    Total - 349.

    Run around block - 6:08

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snatch: 58kg
    WOD: 2+18 R'xd
    C&J: 65kg
    Total : 225

    Had low energy tonight but try to push through it, just one of those night i guess. Still trying to improve on double unders & had to change to strict pull ups due to a shoulder injury.

    Run around the block:5:18

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snatch: 60
    WOD: 3 rounds
    C&J: 60

    Block 4:57 - going to get you next time courts!!!

    thanks all for the week, see you all in a few weeks, need to practice a few things.... matt

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOD1
    SNATCH = 55
    WOD = 2 rounds + 15
    C & J = 70 (tried 72 should have lifted it a little earlier)
    LOVED THIS WORKOUT

    WOD2 THE BIG BLOCK
    5:05 Really Happy with this time AWSOME RUN COURTS
    Have a good weekend all will see you on wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1RM snatch: 33kg PB
    AMRAP: 3 rounds + 9 = 135 reps
    1RM C&J: 46kg PB

    TOTAL score: 214

    Run: 6:22

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.