Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WEDNESDAY


(A) - (12min Practice) Hang Full Snatch - Building in Weight to Heavy but as Perfect as your ability allows

(B) - AMRAP x 5
6 x Strict KTE
12 x KB Swing 24/16

THEN

AMRAP x 5
8 x TTB
10 x KB or DB Snatch 24/16

THEN

AMRAP x 10
5 x Power Snatch 50/35
20 x Double Unders
NOTE: This is a continual running clock that finishes at the 20min mark. Be organized for this one by having your Bell, Bar & Hands ready. 
Athletes will Swing & KB/DB Snatch behind their Bar that will be used for Power Snatches. As will the Double Unders.

7 comments:

  1. A) 35kg (felt heavy this morning)
    B) High knees + 24kg KB (5 rounds, 12 reps)
    3/4 TTB, 16kg KB (3 rounds + 5 reps)
    35kg P snatch, singles skips,( 7 rounds + 5 reps)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (A) 27.5kg - was the same as John, it felt really heavy this morning!
    (B) 4+3 (16kg KB & as close to knees as I could get)
    2+5 (16kg & my current version of TTB - toes in the air somewhere)
    6+8 (25kg snatch)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (A) Really good form (NEAR PERFECT) at 15kg. Tried 20kg and it was only ok.

    (B) 1. 4 plus 2 12kg KB and mid air KTE.
    2. 2 plus 6 10kg snatch
    3. 4 plus 2 Started at 20kg then put back to 15kg to get thru wod. Did 7 double unders which I am happy with. Great workout today and thanks gorgeous Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A) 40kg HFS
    B) 3+2, Not quite KTB but getting close, 20kg KB.
    2 even rounds, 3/4 TTB, 35lb DB.
    4+5, 35kg PS, did 11 double unders mixed in some attempts & single skips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second attempt benchmark "Cindy" with Vron this afternoon, this time with HAVT "altitude" mask set for 3000ft (about Katoomba altitude).
    HAVT is High Altitude Ventilatory Training, basically, lung training to increase volume (lung capaity), respiratory muscle strength, endurance and aerobic capacity.... will be interesting to measure any improvements over time. 11 rounds + 23 reps Rx'd. We had some fun with this. Thanks Vron. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank you John, I enjoyed it.
      I stuck with Cindy as a 12 minute AMRAP
      9+11 (unmasked was 9+27)
      It was hard know exactly how to pace myself as I'd never used it before, so I think I may have paced myself a little too much in the beginning. I know every now and then I had to take a big suck of air, and funnily enough it was fine getting air in, the exhale was the difficult part.

      Delete
  6. Hang Snatch 68kg
    I was amazed!! Focused on fast hips and hip retreat. I'm interested in retesting ME snatch. Today i felt like i could have broken the 70's.

    WOD:
    1) 3rnds
    2) 2rnds
    3) 6+5rnds

    KB 24kg
    BB 51kg

    Was a great session. Hands were shredded by the end...but worth ever rep.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.