Thursday, September 16, 2010

HELEN


Farewell Helen. All of CFP & CFS wish you all the best in your new journey


Mobility WOD: http://mobilitywod.blogspot.com/


WOD
Helen (3 Rounds for time)
400m Run
21 KB Swings 24/16
12 Pull Ups


Compare: http://crossfitpenrith.blogspot.com/2010/02/helenneleh.html


Post time to comments

17 comments:

  1. WOD: 12.59 R'xd

    My name won't be on the board, but I didn't break the pull up bar today, so that is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOD: 12.48 Rxd

    (Previos was 14.37) So an improvement of 1.49. Still plenty of wriggle room for improvement.
    All KB's unbroken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen came to us almost 4 months to the day, & her main focus was to get fit enough to pass the Navy Physical Fitness Test. She had been doing some long slow distance stuff & was still no where close to passing things like the beep test etc.. I still remember her email & my call to her. She lives a fair way from CFP & said she might be able to make it once a fortnight or so. She wanted to pretty much learn the fundamentals and pop in every now & then.
    After her first "Essentials" then joing the group she was hooked. I give her credit for making it down religiously twice a week since. Since then she has represented CFP proudly in 2 games days.
    Just recently she passed her Physical with flying colours & will be heading off for a new chapter in her life.Her transformation has been nothing short of amazing. I wish her all the best & im sure we will see her again whenever she is in town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Helen and all the best for your new venture !!!!

    WOD rxd 9:09
    (Muchos Gracias Glen)

    Adios Amigos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, sorry I couldn't be there for your last WOD tonight. I wish you every success for whatever life or the Navy throws at you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes in your new career Helen! Though we didn't cross paths very often at CF, I know through Facebook that we have one thing in common (hehe!)!!!

    I did PT with Glenn this arvo focussing on core, balance, agility and mobility. I reckon 5 rounds of jumping squats hurts way more than front squats with a barbell !!!

    Fair dinkum - if I trained 5 hours every day I still wouldn't be able to cover all the aspects of fitness I want to develop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best Helen it was a pleasure team training with you oxoxoxoxoxox Thank you for your encouragement throughout my cf journey. May catch up with you in a melb box

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOD 14:50 2 x yellow bands. Pull ups for some reason tonight were horrible. Ended up using 2 yellow bands not 1 :(

    All the best Helen, you are an awesome CFP'er and its sad to see you go! Have fun in the navy and at the other boxes in Melb (but dont forget about us!!! hehehe) Keep in contact!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOD: 12.03 (Blue band pullups)

    Come back and visit soon Helen!!! Goodluck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen i wish you all the best for you new adventure with the navy, your team spirit & presents at the box will be missed. Take care & hope you seen you back one day at the box for a WOD :D

    WOD:12:08 Rxd

    First time doing HELEN. Was really happy with my first round with unbroken KB Swing & Pull ups but just could keep it up for the other 2 rounds. But i know next time it comes up i would have improved my kipping pull ups. Awesome work tonight by Courts, Mitch & Dan. You guys were amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOD: 8:40
    Felt great tonight
    Totally unbroken Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the best Helen, it has been great training with you. See you at the Top Dogs!!

    Wod:16:57 Pullups red and orange band

    ReplyDelete
  13. BRUTAL!!!!!! DEADSET LOL
    HELEN: 8:07 RXD yieoooowwwww ;)
    thanks everyone for your encouragement really appreciate it :D

    Helen have fun and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOD: 15:20 (two red bands)
    Ouch! My namesake hurt like hell and was the closest I came to being on pukie board, that would have been a way to go! :)
    I don't have enough space to praise the wonders of CFP, and that isn't just the endorphins and the malteser cake talking (thanks Gab!)
    It has been an absolute pleasure training with you all and having such fantastic coaches in Glenn and Jody. It has been ugly, uncomfortable, amazing and exhilirating being part of this team. I have never been an athlete before and never thought I could be, I feel like I was particularly lucky that Penrith was the closest box to me. I can't imagine a better group of people.
    I will see you all again in December and wish you fantastic training til then.
    Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck Helen, and your right about CFP it is a great place to train.
    This was my first Helen,so I was too sure what time to expect
    WOD 13:47.
    Well done Courts you blitzed it

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOD-9.21 R'xd.
    1.28min 400m Left Box 1.12 Later Unb. (Butterfly)
    1.50min 400m Left Box 1.19 Later Unb. (Butterfly 6
    1.59min 400m Finished 1.33 min Later.

    ReplyDelete
  17. HELEN
    8:38 as RXD

    I have been lazy with my running and I felt it on this one. My last HELEN time was 11:47 so happy to have taken just over 3 minutes of that. Gotta hit the pavement and try to get under 8 mins next time around. Getting the butterfly pullups going will help also

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.