Thursday, December 22, 2011

WOD Games WOD #4


15min TIME LIMIT
You have 15min to row 1000m + Find your 1 rep MAX, Ground to Overhead Anyway.
(For a more detailed explanation of standards, follow link at right of blog)

13 comments:

  1. Row: 3.10 (190 secs)

    G2O: 101kgs

    Score: 89.

    Dissappointed in my efforts this morning. Was aiming up for a 3 minute row, with 110 overhead. I recognized my errors, fix it and make sure I don't repeat them during the opens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. row 3.04
    gto 100kg

    i was looking at the exact same as brendan.

    the row. i haven't been doing much rowing at all and conditioning fell away in the last 250m. this is where im at with this.

    the gto. warm up was awesome and i was expecting a pb or equal. 100kg power clean and jerk felt easy... but the plans of grandeur were short lived (lmao). after the row i didn't recover like i thought and i would have been lucky to jump over a five cent piece (lmao again). technique went to crap and no power in the legs.

    had a good time but

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work guys. The scores are up the with the leaders ATM.
    Couple of questions.
    How many lifts did you get in?
    How long did you rest before your first lift?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wouldnt take too much from my experience browney. i failed 100kg twice. then did one at around 70kg and one at 100kg (ugly) then cleaned 105kg but failed the jerk. if 1 did it again, i'd start at 80-90kg. i did my first lift at around 9min but i hadn't recovered and didnt really recover until 15min after i got off the rower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Row 4.04
    GTO 66kg. ( pb -hadn't really tried to find it before ) technique was poor, need to get under the bar more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same with me Browney. I completed my first lift, 5 minutes after I got off the rower. It was 90kgs. I then jumped to 100kg, and failed 106 twice.

    My lifts were ugly as well. The legs were still wobbly from the rower. Maybe if you just lie flat out on the ground once your off the rower, you may regain your sea legs back quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks HC for the advice on warm up and starting weights, allowed me to reach my current potential tonight.
    ROW 3.21
    PC&J 82.5kg
    flailed on the ground for a while after the row, then started lifts @ 7 min mark. Squeezed in 5 lifts with not a second to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AM:Practiced backward roll into pistol squat(good scaling option for the pistol) Check it out on the Gymnastic WOD

    PM:Practiced Muscle Ups today working on doubles and triples.
    then
    Death by thruster@60kg round 7+3reps(1 at a time for the 3. Gone!)

    400m Run CFS 1:18
    2mins bar muscle ups-2 heaps of misses
    2 mins dips-13

    WOD 4 had the highs and lows. PB's & Know where nears. It was great practice for planning and knowing your shit. Performing under pressure. Great to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guys thanks for sharing your efforts.
    The info is invaluable to all

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3.18 on the row
    Then 84 G2O
    I agree I lifted 85 no probs before the WOD Thought no probs I will start at 85 and work my way up ........ ahhhhh the Row !!!
    Wobbly legs and much longer recovery than I anticipated.
    Think I can improve the row if done again ( yes there is a c2 rower here in fiji yes I am going to give the row part another shot - no bumpers HC so no cant do it again ) and I think this is where the effort can be made. It appears to me alot easier ,to cut 10 seconds than add 10 kgs!

    But in the end you know what they say "You can have either results or excusses you cant have both!"
    Bman - off for a row while the family sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rowed with damper on 4. I don't have a great deal of experience with rowing so can't comment on whether it made a difference.

    Row 4:21 happy with that because it really was a max effort for me.
    G2O 42kg which is also a PB for clean , and then I jerked it as well....cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did this at St Marys today.
    Row- 3:26. On damper 5. Should have set this a little higher to maybe 7
    My best 500m is 131 which was on a 10 setting and I literally fell off the rower. Today I felt I had a bit left, I was puffed, but nit looking for the pukie.
    Sprinted the last 300m an like Aneesh said it felt like I was going know where.
    This goes back to the "gears on a racer" theory of the damper setting.
    G2O 95kg warmed up prior to the row to 90kg, which made this my starting lift.
    First lift around the 8min then every 3mins Tried 100kg twice but a little lazy getting under the bar, mostly mental I think
    Thanks both Glen an Jody for your expert coaching on this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Row - 4:30
    1RM C&J: 50kg (equal PB)
    Score: 220

    Then did push ups 12-8-8

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.