Sunday, May 23, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS


I was chatting with Russ the other day about Amanda & himself opening their own Box in Blacktown. The excitement in his voice & eyes was easily spotted & it wasnt that long ago I had the same crazy grin when we were getting the keys for CFP.
I started to reflect on my own journey with each of them. I met Amanda first when she signed up to do one of the first "Fitness First Bootcamp" programes run out of Penrith. (yes i used to work for a globo gym) Her enthusiasm & drive was infectious from day one, & so was her loyalty. I think she held the record there for continuous re-sign ups every month & was also responsible for getting everyone else onboard each month. When I left FF & took the plunge to set up CFP with Jody, she was one of the first (along with a few other loyal clients/friends) to follow me over. "I think she tried CrossFit out for a few weeks then cancelled her globo membership altogether" And in true Amanda style, she hasnt missed a beat at CFP since. She still pushes her teamates along during WOD's, how she finds the energy to almost meet pukie herself then 5min later hear her noticeable American accent ask for "ONE MORE REP, CMON" from one of her teamates.

Russ, I met casually on the gym floor of the "Old OXIGEN gym, now FF" but got to know him better as a personal trainer when he started at FF. I can remember one of his first CrossFit style WOD's he done when I needed a partner to go up against Liz, Lynne & a few others in the group fitness room. (& yes Lynne was kicking our asses back then also.) I can remember Russ asking was CrossFit safe, what about technique etc. He was far from hooked at first but probarbly mildly curious.. In true Russ style, he researched & put himself through what he learnt/studied. Within a month of a few more WOD's he told me he was signed up for the Lev1 Cert. I guess now he was hooked.
He still had a while left on his globo contract when we set up the box, however he started training with us, & he started bringing many of his clients to CFP. This is despite still having a contract with Globo gym & still having to pay rent there. Many athlete has progressed & thrived under Russ's coaching.

As a co-owner of CFP, I have to say I am as excited for them as when I got the keys to our own box, & its a great feeling to have a couple of friends Affiliate. With their own style, & own dreams they will run CrossFit Blacktown, & Blacktown & surrounding suburbs will be better for having them there. I believe luck is for people who havnt prepared properly, so no "good lucks" from me. Anyone who knows these two will know that they leave no stone unturned. CrossFit Blacktown is in great hands.
Congratulations guys.

10 comments:

  1. Well Said HC, Our sincere best wishes are with you both on your new undoubtedly successful new venture. Can`t wait to come down and slog out a few WOD`s with you guys..... To great friends.!!!! from Lynne Courtney Jordan and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree HC,Miss Amanda has a very infectious happy personality, and our Russ is truely one of Gods gentleman. Heres cheers to success and happiness to you both and I too cant wait to do WOD at Blacktown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo three cheers for CrossFit blacktown.

    HIP-HIP
    HORAY

    HIP-HIP
    HORAY

    HIP-HIP
    HORAY

    Can't wait for the opening day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Russ and Amanda on opening there box in Blacktown- I wish you all the best with your no undoubtedly successful venture - can't wait for your open day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you guys could somehow open CFB but stay with CFP! Gonna miss you guys!

    I think it's absolutely awesome and a dream come true. Congratulations and all the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Russ and Amanda on CFB!! Cant wait for your open day..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!! I'm absolutely speachless. Yes you can stop the American from talking every now and again.

    Thank you for all of your kind words. We are are so excited for this next adventure but I know I will never forget what led me here. Thank you to CFP for introducing me to CrossFit and to all my new friends.

    Looking forward to seeing a few of you sign our pukkie board!! Followed by dinner at Coffee Club.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to say im surprised by the these great comments, but im not. CFP has been like my saving grace, both career wise and personally. I'll never forget my first WOD at CFP, with me ending up laying in the driveway for a good 20minutes! Both Glenn and Jody, aswell as all the other guys and gals, have opened my eyes up to the wonderful community that is CrossFit, and i can't thank you all enough. Although this is the start of a new adventure, both Amanda and I will never forget where we started. So this isn't really saying goodbye, its just in the words of Glenn "Moving Forward". CFP will always be a special place for me, and i will always proudly wear my number 5 shirts. Thanks everyone, 3,2,1 GO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If we are not following our dreams and living our dream life then here is another example of why we should be.

    Russ and Amanda are made up of skin and bone and have a brain the same as us, they may be a different size to us or a different sex but one thing that i trust wont be different between us is that they had a dream and followed it and we didn't.

    To Russ and Amanda,
    Great examples for all of CFP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Russ and Amanda

    Congratulations, I wish you every success. I will miss you both.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.