Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rest Day


Another blast from the past... V doing a 50kg deadlift in our first week of getting the keys for the box. Still no flooring at this stage, actually nothing. How far have we come? V now has a 120kg 1rm off memory. How far have you come?





For those coming in to CFP






Stuff



Perform 3 attempts at Max verticle jump



Perform 3 attempts at Standing Broad jump

Max Box Jumps in 2min (Go highest you can)


WOD 21-15-9

Burpees

PullUps

Run 400m


*3 total runs (after every set of reps is the run)
Post Stuff/Times to comments






14 comments:

  1. I'm gonna come in this arvo for this one. I'm watching the game this morning... C'mon Aussies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vertical Jump: 45cm

    Broad Jump: 204cm

    Box Jumps: 26inch box 25

    Was aiming for 30 but managed 5 no reps due to foot not being on completely on box.

    WOD: 16.58 Rxd - Deceptively brutal!

    Plenty of room for improvement here, runs were slow, need to get more consecutive pullups out each time, burpees fairly happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first started CrossFit i couldn't:

    **Run 400m in under 1:07 and on a regular basis contemplated WALKING half of it. (can you believe that?)

    **I used to struggle dead lifting 40kgs off the ground, my form was shit house, even for a trainer.

    **My back squat was not even lower enough to really be counted but it was about 60kgs if that.

    **I could only clean roughly 40kgs and that was ugly. I remember thinking, the day that I can clean 60kgs i'll be massive. I thought his because it seemed so impossible at the time that the only way i could have done it was to be twice the size. --- now I clean 100kgs!! lol

    **My Fran time was closer to 20 minutes now down to 5minutes.

    **Helen time was doubled. then 16 plus/now 8:15

    ** I weight around 68kgs now 75kgs and on the good days 78kgs! haha

    **Burpess were the death of me. Now i do them for fun when i spill the chalk bucket! haha

    and finally the biggest shock you'll read to day....

    *Glenn used to BEAT me on wods! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vertical Jump: 65cm
    Broad Jump: 240.5cm
    Box Jumps: 29inch box 28
    WOD: 11.18 Rxd - I really enjoy the Gymnastic based WODS. Just pick a pace to work at and keep your body moving.

    How far have i come? Full Circle with CFP. When i played league the thing i loved was the team we were a part of and the team mates that i trained alongside and then competed with on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stand corrected. V's 1rm is 130kg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I look at that photo, the first word that springs to mind is "FAITH". I was a client of Glenn 's (HC) at Fitness First and I followed him down the street to this empty CrossFit Box, and believe me when I say it was empty. But I had enough faith in him to know that I was doing the right thing for me and that the Box wouldn't stay empty forever. I remember when the first lot of bumpers were delivered, I got the text and Shane and I raced down to be the first to drop them, that's when the fun really began.

    Still looking at that photo, yep, I'm DeadLifting 50kg actually I think it's 53kg because I'm using good old Rustie and she's a bit heavier than most, I looked at Jody and laughed, hahaha, look at Jody, he's fighting with those Ring Dips, not much has changed, and there's my favourite training partner in there too, Shane.

    For me this is a place that' I've felt really comfortable from day 1, it's like my 2nd home, it's a place I train, talk, learn, laugh, teach, cook, eat and the list goes on.....thanks Glenn, Jody, Shane and everyone that frequents CFP. xoxo

    WOW, so excited to see what the next 12 months brings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's another person I'd like to mention and THANK and that's Sarah. Sarah indirectly started me off on my CF journey, I owe you one Sare xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best Vertical jump 36cm
    Best Broad jump 1.84-86 I can't remember
    Box jumps 26inch 33

    WOD
    9:52 rxd

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missed out on vert and broad jumps cos i came straight from work!
    Box jumps-31 (dont know what size? Not the highest not the lowest) the box jumps were my warm up!
    WOD-12:22 Thanks Glenn and Dan for pushing me on that last run, my legs were like jelly but managed to pose well on the last 200m and finish strong.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vertical jump - 32cm
    Broad Jump - 140cm
    Box Jumps - medium box - 20 A bit slow but only 2 reps not counted. Happy Girl!!

    Wod - 3 of my least favorite things. Not such a happy girl (shouldn/t complain at least no HSPU).
    15.27 Thanks to Melissa for the support on last run - crazy girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going from memory:

    Vertical jump - 40cm
    Broad jump - 166cm
    Box jumps - 26 using 24" box

    WOD - as rxd, but can't remember time! Had to be careful on the burpees cos of shoulder injury.

    How far have I come? Like V, I followed Jody to CFP. Jody had been training me for years and I just did what he told me to do! He started introducing CF style workouts to our PT sessions and I loved them, so it really just made sense to go to CFP and give up my boring (by comparison) training at FF. And I haven't looked back! I am so proud of all my milestone achievements, eg kipping, ring dips without a band, doing WODs as rxd, being selected for CFP's team in regionals, competing in games. I love it all. CFP, you have my loyalty forever and I never want to let you down!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vertical Jump
    66cm

    Standing Broad Jump
    244cm

    Box Jumps - 31 inches
    36

    WOD
    10:05

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who the hell are those spunks in the back ground!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.