(A) Back Squat 20 rep
(Notes: If you completed all 20 reps last effort, add 2.5kg this effort. If you were close to completing all 20 reps (15-19), use the same weight. If you weren’t close (10-14), take off 2.5kg)
(B) 21 Power Cleans 62/43
21 Ring Dips
Recover Exactly 90sec
15 Power Cleans 62/43
15 Ring Dips
Recover Exactly 60sec
9 Power Cleans 62/43
9 Ring Dips
Completed 18 reps at 72kgs.. but then my legs gave way!!! ANNOYING!!!! still happy cause I had missed the past 3 weeks of the 20rm.
ReplyDeleteB)8:12... power cleans rxd at 43kgs but dips with yellow band...
THAT IS THE LAST TIME I EVER USE A BAND FOR DIPS.. IM DONE!!!!!
I survived. 20RM BS done an Dusted. What a challenge, got to about 8 an felt like it was all over. Then it was 1 at a time till 20.
ReplyDeleteBS @ 120kg
WOD 14:40 rxd, still hate ring dips with a passion.
A) Last week at 73kg, happy with progression. Coach said today was last 20RM set, I was feeling strong today and determined to reach 80kg, 81.5 kg today. Ended up doing 22 reps as 2 weren't deep enough. Gritted it out. Glad it's done. I would never have thunk a 20RM at my 90% (previous) 1RM...... shows you cant fight science coach.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I have still along way to go so I guess I should expect some improvements!!!
B) Turns out I could have gone a bit heavier.
WOD: 6:22 @ 46kg, red bands dips.
All sets unbroken.
BTW, day 49 of 100 day ring dip challenge.
Managed a single rep without a band. Progress at last!!
Totally inspired by Jen today....she gritted out the 20RM and smashed the dips, albeit a few at a time, without any bands. Top effort Jen.
ReplyDeleteEliza got some raw dips out and smashed the cleans Rx'd!! Great effort with the squats too Eliza, having missed a couple weeks.
Rachael rocked up (with her injuries) and kicked butt too.
You girls are amazing.............
Last time I did the back squats I had a fire in my right quad for days. And not a good one. So I talked to Glenn, and had a plan to take it easy. But it felt ok, so i ended up going for the 20@40kg.
ReplyDeleteWOD
Scaled to ring rows and 25kg
8:43
Trying to find a balance between hardcore intensity that keeps injuring me but still working hard....
20 rm - 126kgs. Felt good tonight. Throughout this workout I failed only one set that being last week, @ 15.
ReplyDeleteWOD: 15:08 rxd - counting the rest
1st round: 4.58
2nd round: 5.08
3rd round: 3 mins
Nice work on the ring dip John.
ReplyDeleteWOD@61kg 12mins including recovery.
3:45 P.C 1.30, Dip 2.15
3:15 P.C 45, Dip 2:30
2:30 P.C 30, Dip 2:00
20RM Back Squat tomorrow.
A) 20rm BS 73.5kg
ReplyDeleteB) WOD @ 10.23 (51kg and orange band)
(A) - 20RM back squats - 65kg
ReplyDelete(B) - 35kg & blue band - 8:53
20RM Back Squat finished at Goal Weight of 127.5kg or 85% of 1RM 150kg.
ReplyDelete