Thursday, July 26, 2012

BACK SQUAT 1rm

Mobility WOD-Jump & Land in a stable position

(A) Back Squat 1rm
MAX Broad Jump (3 Attempts)
*Perform during early Squat Sets & use a partner to measure closest heel to launch pad with timber.
**Full control after landing required for distance to count.
***RECORD THIS, IT'S IMPORTANT

(B) (30sec Pause between rep ranges)
12-9-6
Thrusters 43/30
Pullups
*7min cap
**Your using this to strategise how you would do FRAN if the next time was your LAST!

INTERMISSION

21-15-9 UNBROKEN 3min Strategy
THRUSTERS 20bar/15bar
PULLUPS

*2consecutive miss reps on Pullups go straight to jumping.
**Ring rows if unable to perform unassisted Pullups (NO BANDS)

14 comments:

  1. Back Squat: 154kgs. Equalled previous PB.
    Had 2 cracks at 161 but failed both. Said a few choice words after failing, this seems to be my bogey weight for back squats.

    Part 1 Fran: 1.55 Rx'd. 2.55 with rest.
    Splits: 47, 38, 30

    Part 2 Fran: 3.49 Rx'd.

    Need to focus on the back end of 15 thrusters / pull ups. Noticed that if I improve here my overall time will improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey big fella equalling a 1rm pb after a 20rep back squat cycle is awesome. watch for a big pb at the end of of the next strength cycle with all the new muscle.

    hip is coming along well, i will be back in the game next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im similar to swantzy... Equalled my previous PB of 92kgs.. Had 2 attmpts at 96kgs but failed. Felt close though.

    Broad jumps.. 203cm and 209cms

    Part 1 fran- 3:03 including recovery - All unbroken pullups and thrusters so was really happy as my kip has been crap lately.

    Part 2 fran - 4:27 - went to hard in the first 21.. Good lesson learnt from that!

    ripped hands OUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back Squat- 143kg, which is a 3 kg improvement, failed 153kg, a little disappointed at this as I really think I can break that 150kg mark.
    WOD (1/2Fran)- 2:38 (3:38 rest'd) all rnds unbroken
    (lightFran)- 4:10 only broke the last set of PullUps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1RM Back squat 108kg (increase from 90.0 In April). trust the science!
    Broad jump 188cm
    1/2 Fran 3:10, 25kg, Jumping pullups
    Fran 4:03 bar + jumping pullups All rounds unbroken

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Dan. I know I can crack that puppy. BTW. I'll be applying for the awesome foursome again soon. It'll be good to have u back at the box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just looking at some interesting figures on the broad jump at the games...
    the male who came first got 297cms!! WOW
    and the number one chick got 239cms.
    Rich was around 270 cms and Annie 188cms..
    Interesting hey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's Interesting Eliza?

    5kg increase on the back squat to 155kg.
    2:58 on the broad jump.
    Part B 50,42,24 Total with rest 2:56mins
    2nd Half of the movie after the intermission was 3:17mins. All thrusters unbroken. 17 butterfly pullups break 4 kipped seen me at 1:30mins. Had to get my ass moving so kept the thruster pace and went for jumping pullups finished at 2:50mins. Increased the speed for the 9 round.
    Next 12 months focus is improving gymnastic movements should see me improve my Fran Time from 4:41mins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A) broad jump - 2.18 m - I wanted 2.20 but
    happy with that one (: haha
    Back Squat - PB by 6kg! 88kg I had two
    attempts at 90kg but failed both. I want it so
    bad :'( :(

    B) 1/2 Fran 3:27 rxd
    Light Fran 3:46 - bummed I didnt make 3
    mins, I found jumping pull ups harder then
    kipping lol haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well it's interesting to compare to the world's best of course. But to claify I found it super interesting that Annie's broad jump was quite average in comparrison to even the jumps we are coming up with from our very own CFP. I suppose I just assumed she would be awesome at this... cause she is awesome at everything else!! So yeah it suprised me. It also suprised me that the athlete who came first in this event nearly jumped a whole 3 metres from a stationary position. WEAPON!!

    P.S Maddie your strength is unbelievable. Just imagine in a couple of years... Watch this space I say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. (A) 1RM back squat - 85kg - failed on 90kg (can't compare as this was my first ever 1RM back squat!)
    Broad jump - 162
    (B) 3:35 and then 3:37 (using rings rows for both)

    ReplyDelete
  12. (A)BS 110 kg 10kg gain on previous PB
    Broad Jump 2.38 m previous best was 2.10 m so
    super happy about both of these
    (B)1/2 Fran 3.23 Rxd splits .55, 2.21 & 3.23
    Barbell Fran 4:41 Biggest issue here for me was
    breaking up my thrusters and pullups on the
    round of 15

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did BS at home on Sunday 29/7/12

    BS 1RM: 60kg (failed 62.5kg twice)
    Broad jump: 165cm

    Then did a version of FGB, modified due to injury. Let's call it Fright Gone Bad.

    3 rounds
    KB swings 16kg: 22,22,19
    HPC 30kg: 9,9,4
    Box jumps 24": 13,12,12
    PP 30kg: 5,6,6
    Row cals: 14,13,14

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.