In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.
This workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd named it 'Body Armor.' From here on it will be referred to as 'Murph' in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
- 1 mile Run (1.6km)
- 100 Pull-ups
- 200 Push-ups
- 300 Squats
- 1 mile Run (1.6km)
Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.
250 squats, 160 push ups, 70 pull ups, 35 wall ball shots, 35 burpees, 1500m Run : About 30:00
ReplyDeleteI thought i started the timer but i pressed the wrong button. I think it took about 30 mins.
We did it in pairs to complete a total of 500 squats, 300 pushups, 150 pull ups, 75 wall ball shots, 75 burpees and 20 laps which worked out to be 150m a lap.
57.43 as R'xd. Started with a min silence.
ReplyDeleteBeing the last to finish it was a great moment to have Sarah, Olivia & Russ do the last 400m run with me. Great team spirit.
100 day pull-up challenge competed today. Thought i would post a couple of things that i got out of it.
1. Tough hands, did my 100 pullups today in 10 sets of 10 without ripping off any pieces of skin.
2. 27 Pullups in a row, looking forward to doing Nicole again now.
3. First Muscle Up.
4. Kipping Pull Up feels really natural now.
5. Training everyday forced me to work on other weaknesses. I can do a 10sec L-Sit now. I can bench my Bodyweight for 1RM, my push ups have improved heaps, i can snatch 45kg (started at 15kg) and OHS 50kg (started at 20kg, I have increased the strength of my strict press, push press & push jerk.
6. I got tendinopathy of my elbow which is treated with haemarhoid cream, a quick witted man thinks i can't tell my ass from my elbow.
7. I proved to our athletes that there are no excuses.
8. It reconfirmed to me that when H.C and C commit to something it will get done.
100 day pushup challenge starts on monday. What will you get out of it?
You covered my ass on this one partner.
ReplyDeleteJust finished 100 day challenge between yard duties..
A few things I got out of it,,
1)Satisfaction of commitment, boy there was a few times I thought I might not make the cut off time..
2)First Muscle Up
3)My Kip flows much better know on consecutive pull-Ups.
4)Knowing when the Push-Up challenge starts on Monday, only serious injury will stop me from completing it.
Congrats on the 100 day pull up challenge guys.
ReplyDeleteJust want to commend you both on the outstanding commitment you both showed.
I know i didn't do the challenge, but for me what i got out of seeing you both complete it was a feeling of pride for my fellow athletes. Always good to see the people around you doing something and succeeding.
47.40 including 1 minute silence.
ReplyDeleteAwesome workout today with Liv, Sarah and Jody.
Congrats to Jody and Glenn on commiting to the 100 pullups. I think the competition will be huge for the pushup challenge on Monday.