Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday




(A) Fractured Fran
21 Thrusters 95/65#
21 Pullups
-rest 2 minutes-
15 Thrusters 95/65#
15 Pullups
-rest 2 minutes-
9 Thrusters 95/65#
9 Pullups

For total working time.

Note: The point is to see how fast you could be on Fran assuming you did not rest. Each round should be a sprint and completed with as little breaking as possible.

(B) HATCH PROGRAM – WEEK 7/DAY 2 – BACK SQUAT: 
4 @ 70%, 4 @ 75%, 4 @ 80%, 4 @ 85%

FRONT SQUAT: 5 @ 60%, 5 @ 65%, 2×5 @ 70%
Rest no more than 90 seconds between sets, including the transition from Back Squat to Front Squat.

8 comments:

  1. A)
    21 - 2mins exactly
    15 - 1:47
    9 - 0:51

    Total time 4:38.
    What I take away from the experience today is that all the thruster work HC has put us through has paid off, for me personally I haven't done much pull-up work in the last month, so really felt like I let myself down with that. And ofcourse the general horrible feeling Fran gives you.

    B) went easy on the squats today still reeling from the Wednesday wod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (A) Rxd
    21 - 2:04
    15 - 1:38
    9 - 0:38
    All thrusters unbroken. Had to break up the pull ups on the 21 and 15 rounds.

    (B) BS - 78,83,89,94
    FS - 53,57,61(x2)

    Great to be back at a Labbies session!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A) Rxd
    21 - 1.51 All reps unbroken
    15 - 1.37 - Thrusters unbroken but had to break pull-ups into 3!! My forearms were dying a quick death.
    9 - 0.45 - Slow but unbroken

    Total=4.17 min, lol in my dreams that's exactly 2 minutes faster than my best time, which means when I did Fran that time I would have rested 2 minutes.

    B) Back Squat
    1x4 @ 71kg
    1x4 @ 76kg
    1x4 @ 81kg
    1x4 @ 86kg

    Front Squat
    1x5 @ 47kg
    1x5 @ 51kg
    2x5 @ 55kg

    ReplyDelete
  4. (A) Modified WOD
    21 sit up/get ups 2 floor mats
    21 jump over box 20 inch box
    15 sit up/get ups
    15 jump over box
    9 sit up/get ups
    9 jump over box
    did all un broken
    (B)
    Back squat
    88.2
    94.5
    100.8
    107.1
    Front Squat
    60
    65
    70
    70

    ReplyDelete
  5. A) RXd

    21s - 2:04
    15s - 1:39
    9s - 43

    4:26

    Broke up first set of thrusters and pull ups into 2 sets, same for the 15s with only tiny breaks on the pull ups basically just jumped off and on, did the 9s unbroken.

    Need to work on more high rep thruster to improve my Fran time, that said I can think of a thousand other things I'd rather do and poking my eyes out with a spoon is one of them.

    Last time I did Fran proper NYE last year it took me 6:43, so 8:26 with 4 mins rest is pretty positive.

    B) Squats were awful, but I got through them. Took a while to recover before I could even try them though. Thanks to V for not rushing us

    ReplyDelete
  6. A) 30kg Fran
    21 Thrusters unbroken
    21 pullups, 18 unbroken, then 3 to complete.
    15 Thrusters unbroken
    15 pullups unbroken
    9 Thursters unbroken
    9 pullups unbroken

    For time- 3:30

    B) Back Squat
    90
    96
    102
    109

    Front Squat
    65
    71
    76

    Legs were pretty much done after Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember the cartoon Fractured fairy tales ?
    also no pensioner concession !!!
    21 - 2.00
    15 - 2.29
    9 - 1.37
    Total = 6.06

    Back Squat
    52.5 56.25 60 63.75
    Front
    36 39 42

    ReplyDelete
  8. A) time - 9.28
    All of my thrusters were unbroken but all of my pull ups were done in lots of 3's or 2's but i finished them all.

    B) back Squat
    4 @ 40kg
    4 @ 43kg
    4 @ 45.5kg
    4 @ 48.5kg

    Front Squat

    5 @ 20kg
    5 @ 20kg
    2 x 5 @ 22.5kg
    My wrists still have zero flexibility & this movement is total agony for me. I discovered that wrist straps helped me quite a bit but i still struggled.
    It's now Monday & i am very very very sore still from this one. I feel a little bit like i did back in week 1 of cross fit. Hope the pain is worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.