Monday, February 22, 2010

22/2/2010


WOD
For Time
21-15-9
Thrusters @ 50/30kg
Pull-Ups
Double Unders x2
(First round 21 Thrusters, 21 Pull-Ups, 41 Double Unders)
Post time to comments

14 comments:

  1. It would be great if you could put up a blow by blow description of the sectionals. I'm dying to hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four of us met up this morning and did SMURF at Jamison Park.

    SMURF!

    Michael : 24.24 SCALED Jump Pullup
    Bill : 29.35 SCALED Jump Pullup
    Paul : 32.20 SCALED Jump pullup
    Daniel : 32.27 Rxd

    Broke my down into 10 rounds of Cindy in between 800's. Managed to better my last time by 1.21, However was as Rxd this morning, Last time was scaled with Jump pullup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SMURF! is
    800m
    50 Pullups
    100 Pushups
    150 Squats
    800m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sectinal Wrap up:


    What a great weekend. What an emotional rollercoaster, up and down all weekend. Cheering, waiting, thinking and helping really takes away your energy!!

    I’ll be the first to say I was so proud to wear the Penrith crossfit jersey. We were so loud, motivational, inspiring and passionate on so many levels over the WHOLE weekend. Even when we had enough and wanted to go home haha…

    Special Mentions:

    Col: Watching you go first on EVERY wod was awesome! It is hard being in the first heat, knowing what to go, Range of motion and standards etc. But you were perfect on all your workouts. Composed and focused! Well done mate!  Thanks for being a great voice before and after every wod. I appreciate the things you said. My highlight was seeing you nail your double unders. 4th WOD in to the weekend and after heavy fran you got better at them with every twist of the rope. Top work!

    Jen: The crossfit chook!! Who was beating the crossfit chicks!!! (Love your shirt) haha I was so proud of all your wods! Your form was perfect on all lifts. Your movements were solid, and you moved forward rep by rep!! That box jump you did in FGB was awesome! I could see the fear in your eyes. You took a deep breath, flapped your arms and LANDED right on top of the box! It was so good to watch. I see plenty more where that one came from. 

    Jules: You attacked every wod with your grace and commitment. It was such a tough weekend, physically, emotionally and mentally. You powered through the ups and the downs and came out on top! PB Squat clean 1RM!! How good is that. I can’t wait to see where your strength will end up come this time next year at sectionals.

    Andrew: One thing that comes to mind about your weekend Andrew, is massive heart. What we lack in calves and quads we make up in heart mate! Haha well done. It’s easy to see why you’re so good at your speed skating. You don’t get fazed or too worked up and you put yourself thorough every hurdle you come up against. Did us proud! 

    Amanda: The food QUEEN!!! Haha What would we have done with out all your fuel you provided? Haha oh and deodorant at the end of the day when I smelt like a dirty BO factory! Haha To be honest. I was so confident in your ability that every time you walked out on the floor to do your WOD I knew you would over perform and leave the competition for dead. And turns out I was right!! Top 20! What else needs to be said but you kicked ass!! Bring on Regional’s. I’ll be supporting you guys all the way to the top 3 positions. Then see you in Aromas haha

    Belinda: SOOOO glad we convinced you to compete! You would have KICKED yourself soo bad had you not come with us all. The stand out was seeing you dominate in your strengths, power through all the deadlifts and thrusters! I loved watching you wods. You and Justine were so focused in your heat. You walked out with a smile on your face and laugh from time to time. You made me and all of CFP proud. Top work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. continued:


    Justine: WOW!! 75kg squat CLEAN!! Equal top spot (if we round your weight up too hah) I think the question on everyone’s mind is. How strong can Justine get. You have so much development to go in terms of ‘training age and exp’ so much more technical improvements to make and I think we’ll be seeing you break some massive weight! Was soo powerful to watch! Your FGB was awesome, demolished the wall ball made it look to easy! Haha Thanks for supporting me the WHOLE weekend. You made my weekend so enjoyable.

    DC: Dan, you have improved outa sight. GRASSFED! Haha You moved with such stealth, and commitment to do your up most best every rep and every WOD!
    I was inspired. All I can say is look out AFFILATE cup with the likes of our top girls and our elite men we could all be off to Aromas kicking some American affiliates butt! Haha

    Jody: Thanks for all your help, and coaching this weekend. Kept everyone’s heads on straight, kept us together and focused! Not to mention your Stella performance on each wod. You destroyed your nemesis the push-up and not only the push-up, but his evil cousin the RING push-up haha You should be proud. Without the likes of CFP none of us would have been able to do the things we have done this weekend. You have created a close knit community, friends and health amongst us all. Thanks! :D

    Lyn: a.k.a The machine! Haha it’s exactly what you were. A well oiled crossfit machine that just moved forward with calculated movements and controlled everything. I don’t think I seen you at any stage of the day miss a beat. Everything you set out to do you just demolished and then went above and beyond your first thoughts!! I can not wait to see you compete at regional’s. As I said, you have the ability to be number one at crossfit in Australia!! I can not wait to see this day. It’s not a matter of IF it’s just a matter of when!

    Chloe: Top work, top 20… to easy? Haha barley worked up a sweat yeh hahaha…
    Apart from losing Rob’s keys I don’t think you did a wrong thing all weekend. You were focused and had one think on your mind and that was doing your best cause you knew your best would give you a top 20 finish!  Well done!

    Russ: It was a pleasure competing in your heats mate. Every wod I felt more relaxed seeing a familiar face. Working along side you was what I needed to drive me to keep going. In that KB swing wod I was looking over at you and watching you swing with everything you had. That in itself made me get up off my resting lazy butt and swing again and again. Thanks for a great weekend Russ.

    VM: The queen V! haha well as you know… I TOLD YOU SOOOO! Hahaha I knew 100% without any doubt in my mind that you always had a top 20 spot. All it boiled down to was your focus on the day, and it was there… all weekend!! We discussed how over the weekend we were when it was almost 2pm and we sill had not even done our 1st WOD of the 2nd day. But when the stop watch was put on, we turned back on and it was game time! Top work, but that’s just what you do!


    Dan: In my opinion, judge of the weekend! Haha you were a great help to everyone mate. Well done. You deserve a shirt… oh wait $40 thanks hahaha!!!
    Hopefully the next event I’ll be able to cheer you on as well!

    Cindy: Thank you so much for putting up with us all over the whole weekend. Watching us in agony and sitting in the heat with all that noise would have been hard enough. Not once did I see you not smile!! Smiling faces get you through anything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chloe:

    Hey guys,

    I just wanted to say goodbye as i will be training at another box from now on which makes me a little sad but I know I'll be seeing you around at comps and they can't stop me from cheering my heart out for you.
    I just wanted to say how awesome the weekend was. Thankyou so much for cheering me on, it made me reach so far inside of myself and pull out gears I didn't know I had. I want to say something about everyone as Shane has but I'll just leave it to a massive communal hug from me to you all.

    See you at FF or at the Regionals... Train hard, reach deep, leave nothing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!!! It sounds so fantastic!!! I just so wish I could've been there!!

    CONGRATULATIONS to every one of you. And a few in the top 20 by the sounds of it! Woo!!! hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOD - 19.53min 40kg thrusters

    Thanks Russ for the workout and thanks Amanda for almost making me throw up lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOD - 25kg thrusters / body weight pulls under the rings and step ups - 11.37

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Shane for a great comment on each and every one of us. You also did soooooooooo well even though I know you weren,t 100%. When I saw the porta loos being towed away and changed I thought OH NO SHANES IN THERE BRING HIM BACK !! Ha Ha . You performed each WOD so well it just goes to show in Cross fit you dont have to have the biggest muscles, but you do need a big heart.
    I loved every minute of the weekend from start to finish and enjoyed everyones company , support and friendship it was truly one of the best weekends for both myself and my COURTNEY. Love and Thanks to all of you. WHOOOOOOOO !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Shane. Well said all around.

    This was a great experience.

    As Jeremy said, we distinguished ourselves this weekend.

    Awesome.

    Brilliant result on top twenty too Lynn, Veronica, Chloe and Amanda.

    I kind of suspect Justine and DC could be near those top 20's too - stay on top you 2, the roll down might GET YA !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Courtney:

    I wrote one out for you but it did not copy over when i posted this the other day. Sorry you thought i left you out.

    ----------

    Courtney: Your loud boom-box voice was the BEST. Every time i was loosing my vision, hearing ringing in my ears i would hear you over everyone scream COMMONN SHANE... haha and i'd snap outa the zone i was in and get back to the job at hand. Thank you for being you and being a great supporter and helping everyone of us to push harder. You were the best help anyone could ask for!! :) Next time but, you HAVE to be competing along side us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww shane ily lol

    yes defs be competing next time ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, thanks Shane for your kind words.

    AT CFP we believe in Courage, Ferocity and Pride. Over the weekend you displayed ALL of these qualities. You showed much Courage competing against men that are bigger and stronger but the Ferocity from within came out, and the Pride representing CFP, well it's always there.

    Thank you for the faith that you have in me, I made Top 20 and I have my 2 Coaches Glenn and Jody to thank for that, as well as YOU, it's you who I consider to be my training partner, you help drive me to be stronger, faster, better....quite often I think, what would I do without Shane?

    You've been a great friend to me over the last 12 or so months, just keep doing what you're doing and have faith, I do.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.