Monday, February 22, 2010

Sectionals Results

The dust has settled in New South Wales and the results are in. After a brutal weekend of WODs, the top 40 athletes have secured a place at the Australian regional competition.

Male Top 20:

1.peter maxwell
2.chad mackay
3.luke starr
4.jason haywood
5.darren shaw
6.sven meyer
7.ben mahon
8.josh birch
9.kai brownlie
10.kameron ahmad
11.andy edwards
12.matthew summers
13.alex richardson
14.david buckley
15.ian grabham
16.ogi kolev
17.jan zawbawski
18.sam broomfield
19.ben antoniak
20.adam manakis

Female Top 20:

1. Megan smith
2. antonietta mansillo
3. nadine burns (pre-qualified for regional competition)
4. kiara dodd
5. kylie lindbeck (forfeiting spot due to prior engagement)
6. amelia thomsett
7. rochelle hoskins
8. kathryn jones
9.lynne fitzharris
10. bella pothan
11. cloe van hollander
12. veronica mifsud
13. amelia dekantios
14. deanne ashford
15. elizabeth arnot
16. amanda currell
17. sheree kuklinski
18. katarina chirkoff
19. gemma whieldon
20. stacey harris
21. peta mcmillan
22. liz noad

Athletes who failed to qualify are encouraged to stay prepared. Should qualified athletes forfeit their spot, all competitors will move up one position.

3 comments:

  1. Guys,

    What a great weekend and you guys are definitely doing great things down there.

    I would like to give you guys a big thankyou for the way you conducted yourselves on the weekend. As Head Judge, it was a very tough assignment trying to keep 150 athletes happy for two days and there were some trying times and I copped a fair amount of abuse (mostly unwarranted). I have to make special mention to your entire crew for the wonderful way you went about the workouts and the support you gave the community this weekend. Not once was I subjected to any angst or ill feeling and any issue on form was taken on the chin and the movement improved.

    I was glad to meet those of you I hadn't previously met and you guys should be proud of yourselves for your effort and demanour.

    Cheers,

    Jeremy "Rookie" Austin
    Crossfit Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to second that as another volunteer for the weekend.

    Thanks!!
    Mandy Kinzett
    CrossFit Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rookie and Mandy, good of yous to come down from the goldie!! :)

    Appreciate the kind words. I know it means the world to all of us at CFP. We try our best to be as good as we can be. We train not only the wods but we train pride in what we do too.

    See you at regionals!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.