Thursday, September 17, 2009

Annie

Strength
OHS
5-5-5
Push-Press
3-3

WOD (40Min time limit)
Annie
Double Unders
Sit-Ups
50-40-30-20 and 10 rep rounds; for time
(If can't do double unders, perform Tuck Jumps)
Multiple single-unders in no way compensate for the exertion required for double-unders. Stand with your feet slightly inside the width of your shoulders. Bend your knees and lower your body down 8-12 inches. Explode into the air and bring your knees up to your chest in a tucked position. Upon landing, your feet should be in a strong, dorsi flexed or "toes up" position. Use your whole foot to generate power, not just your toes! Maintain good posture in your upper body. Keep your chest and head up. Don't let your shoulders lean out beyond your knees. This can stress your lower back. Explode off the ground as quickly as possible and repeat for the required number of repetitions.

Post loads/time to comments

7 comments:

  1. This looks so freakin hard...should I go???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan said
    OHS 40,40,40
    Push Press 50,60
    WOD 20:05 Rxd

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHS:
    5 @ 35kg
    5 @ 35kg
    5 @ 40kg (PB)
    Push Press:
    3 @ 45kg
    3 @ 45kg
    Not my best effort as I have done 50kg before, one of those days I guess.

    "Annie"
    15.47min As R'xd

    Amanda, unreal Double Unders, really inspirational, and thanks Jody for the believing that I could do the 40kg OHS, seems that I could.
    And last but not least to Melissa for not giving up, a DNF is not something you want up on the board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I witnessed the toughest workout completed by any individual at CFP tonight. Melissa Ferrari doing single skips, 300, 240, 180, 120 & 60 and situps feet held in 37.15mins, beating the cut off of 40mins.

    It just goes to show the strength of the CrossFit community at CFP drawing inspiration not only from the elite, but from the ones who are willing to give a workout a go, do their best and not let the perception of something unachievable become a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 21:47 As Rxd
    This was a real head F*#k with the double unders.. I would do 3-5 singles then go for a DU & catch my feet. All that for nothing haha. Staying focused was the secret to this one. "note to self for next time"

    ReplyDelete
  6. 15.35mins

    Several Rookie mistakes on this one,

    My shoe laces came undone twice,

    I started doing sit ups on the lifting platforms without a shirt on and got stabbed a few times from wood splinters

    And then when i finished my last 10 double unders I questioned myself whether i really got that last rep, it went under twice but got caught on the back of my shoe and stopped, so then i had to finish my sit ups and get up and do one more rep to be sure.

    Rookie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much to all of you for supporting me. It was so tough for me but the support of all of you got me through. Thanks to Russ & Jody. Both great guys to know!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.