Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rest Day

D.C Catching some zzzs at Newie

What was your first CrossFit workout like (Benchmark or not)? Tell us about the time you lost your CrossFit virginity. Try & keep it clean....

Post to comments


10 comments:

  1. Hahaha keep it clean...

    My first crossfit experience was FRAN! Almost turned me off CF forever, but deep down i knew i had a better connection with it.

    I think i even did 3 rounds of fran cause i didn't understand the concept and thought it was going to be to easy so i committed 3 rounds to it and had to finish.

    I did the BAR, and WEIGHT ASSISTED pullups... wow i have come pretty far. I don't remember my time, i know it was well over 20 minutes!! Now, my fran time is 5 minutes.

    pretty awesome. Oh and i remember Glenn always handing my ass to me EVERY WOD we did. Then one day i just woke up and beat him and it's been on ever since. Even with Glenn talking trash when he thinks he's going beat me. Saying things like "I got you covered fucked" haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my first was at fitness first. Glenn and Shane had gotten a group together on a Friday. I can't remember who exactly was there but i remember Lynne, Karina and Shane being there.
    The wod was
    800m run
    21, 15, 9
    Box Jumps
    KB swings
    Thrusters
    800m run

    I was sooooo nervous before starting (that still hasn't changed, i get nervous all the time)

    I remember The rxd weights were 16kg for the swings, i did 12 or maybe even 8. For the thrusters it was 30kg and i did 15kg.

    Also on that day, Shane was also showing me how to squat clean so i could pick up the bar and go straight into my thrusters, all i was using was a 15kg bar. I can remember thinking oh my gosh, this is sooo heavy. I now long for the day where we'll have 15kg thrusters and squat cleans in a wod.


    Wow, i've improved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first CF workout was with pete at FF. He was trying to explain to me this new way of working out and how awesume it was. Functional movement, blah, blah. Higher intensity, blah, blah.

    We did something like 21 - 15 - 9 Dips and burpies. To my best memory, i think i got TO the second set of dips and burpies and pretty much bailed on the workout. So did Pete.

    I can remember thinking, that was so friggin hard, who does this shit! You think I could of been initiated a little bit easyier. But I was hooked.

    I competed at the sectionals last w'end and came in at 61st place. My goal was to do all the WOD's as R'xd in the allotted time and I did. Next year....

    I love CrossFit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost my CF virginity with a modified version of Kelly on 6 Dec 2008 - at least that's the first record I have in my training diary. I was doing weekly PT sessions with Jody and he started doing CF workouts with me. We trained down at the river or at Jamo.

    Kelly - 5 rounds of: 400m run, 30 bench jumps, 30 squats with med ball toss. I wouldn't have been doing full deep squats or throwing the ball very high. And unfortunately I didn't record my time.

    I do remember trying to convince Jody that because I was short I shouldn't have to jump so high - but he wouldn't have a bar of it! And my lungs were burning!

    I loved the CF workouts right from the word go (or should I say "3, 2, 1, GO!"), but couldn't get into them properly for ages due to injury and recuperating from surgery.

    I'm a bit old fashioned and think that losing your virginity should happen with someone you're in love with... I'm definitely in love with CF and I love it more and more everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, so funny, for something that I love so much, I don't even remember my 1st time.......at the time, I just did what Glenn told me to do, I think I was just trying to SURVIVE the session without crying or dying.

    But I do remember my 1st group WOD, at FF, hmm who was there, I recall Glenn, Shane, me....far out that was tough, Shane had to sit down not once but TWICE for a rest, I'd never allow that now, boy that made me laugh.

    Losing my virginity?? CrossFit has my heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it was on 1/2/10 - think it might have been earlier, but just can't remember this is the one that really sticks out too me, lol. But I feel like I'm growing stronger everytime I do a WOD, time to go from the 12kg Kettlebell to the 16kg Kettlebell and to just generally up the weights, its good to feel stronger!! I love this feeling and loving Crossfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first time was in mid Oct 09,cant remember the WOD I beleive that i was trying to breath and stop from being inducted onto the chuck up board.Now 11cm off my waist and 10kg lighter Im trying to get through a WOD as requested I will get there.Thanks to everyone at CrossFit for making all new recruits welcome and for continually pushing me through every WOD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh I remember those days Shane, & I remember the famous "I got you covered Fu*#er" It was at FF during Freddy's Revenge & I was going into the last lot of burpees when I jumped in front of you (you were still pressing) & I mouthed off..... Funny thing was, he nearly ran me down with those burpees, but I got the Fu*#er in the end!!!! That was one of the last times I have beat him & have been dining out on it since..
    The first WOD i remember was Helen, used a 20kg bell & prob partial rep pullups but still took me 15.46min. I was warned that it was tough & wasnt dissapointed. Like any girl with a bad reputation, Iv been chasing ever since ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tis was in the back alley of FF manage to carry a 15k bar down to the alley Lynne Liz and Alison were there we had to run that made be happy running way behind Lynne & Liz I think we also push pressed. After the workout Glenn was a gentleman..... and carried my bar back into the gym for me he also promised to let me know when the next workout would be. So my first time was in the back alley with Glenn he promised to call me and he did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my first WOD was fight gone bad in the boxing room at ff in around march 2009.
    It was also the first day i met Shane and Glenn.
    I was boxing at the time and thought i was pretty fit and all the boys beat me during that workout and i didnt like that one bit!
    It would be 6 more months before i would try crossfit again and now I wouldnt train any other way.
    I wouldnt want to fight me now.....
    No Crossfit No fitness
    Know Crossfit Know Fitness

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.