Wednesday, September 19, 2012

BE AN OLYMPIAN

(A) SNATCH
Start at 70% & perform 1-1-1-1-1
ADD 5kg & perform another 1-1-1-1-1
ADD 2.5kg & perform another 1-1-1-1-1
ADD 2.5kg & perform a single (1)
ADD 2.5kg & perform a single (1)
ADD 2.5kg & perform a single (1)
ADD 2.5kg & perform a single (1)
ADD 2.5kg & perform a single (1)
Thats 20 reps.

Recover

(B) CLEAN & JERK
Same format as above

8 comments:

  1. Snatch
    23@5. 28@5. 30.5@5. 33, 35.5 fail. 33 fail. 30.5

    Clean and jerk
    30@5. 35@5. 37.5@5. 40, 42.5, 45, 47.5, 50 fail

    ReplyDelete
  2. snatch of boxes 3,3,3,3,3
    70,75,75,75,80

    back squat 3x5 @ 125kg

    4x3 3 stop snatch pull 80kg

    condtioning
    3 rounds
    1min max rep muscle ups
    1min row for metres
    1min plank hold
    1min rest

    pb with 10 muscle ups in a row first round

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snatch
    30kg x5
    35kg x5
    40kg x5
    42.5kg, 45kg, 47.5kg, 50kg, 52.5kg(Failed)

    C&J
    35kg x5
    40kg x5
    50kg x5
    52.5kg, 55kg, 57.5kg, 60kg, 65kg(PB)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A) 19 on snatch ladder 5 x30kg, 5 x35, 5 x 37.5, 1 x 40,42.5, 45, 47.5, 50.0 F
    Focus on depth

    B) 18 on C&J ladder 5 x 50, 5 x55, 5 x 60, 62.5,65, 66, 67.7 F, 66, 67.5 (PB)
    Focus on speed through the clean, and rear foot position on C&J

    ReplyDelete
  5. (A) 5 x 7kg, 5 x 12kg, 5 x 17.5kg, 1 x 20kg, 1 x22.5kg, 1 x 25kg, 1 x 27.5kg (F), 1 x 25kg New 25kg PB on Snatch


    (B) 5 x 25, 5 x30, 1 x 35 (Fail), 4 x 32.5kg, 35 (Fail). New 32.5kg on Clean & Jerk

    Really please with two new PB's today. Really happy!!! Realised I need to manage time better in WOD's especially with these ladder types. Ran out of time to complete. Happy with it overall though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally after weeks off with a niggling shoulder injury I snatched today. For some reason it seemed daunting to drop under the bar. All I had on was 30kgs and I had to psych myself up.

    Cleans worked up to 90kgs. Failed one attempt. Most cleans were ugly with very early pulls. Jerks were alright.

    No records tonight but good to be able to snatch again, even if it was light. I find these Olympic sessions tougher than normal WODs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that was enjoyable. I wasn't sure how i would go with the load of the double day but it was fine. Took a rest day Wednesday and caught up on this Thursday. I found the extra lifts gave me a better foundation when the weights went up. All lifts successful. Worked off 80kg snatch & 100kg Clean & Jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snatch:
    36kg x 5
    41kg x 5
    43.5kg x 5
    16. 45.5kg
    17. 48.5kg (f) I had a massive pull and it went behind, not so bad
    18. 45.5kg (f)
    19. 43.5kg (f)
    20. 41kg (stupid, I just rushed the lifts)

    C&J:
    44kg x 5
    49kg x 5
    51.5kg x 5
    16. 54kg
    17. 56.5kg
    18. 59kg
    19. 61.5kg
    20. 64kg (f Clean)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.