Sunday, January 10, 2010

10/1/2010

CrossFit Biloxi Beach doing their thing.
We talk a lot about effort in CrossFit, about determination, about having the guts to stick out a workout and push through the pain. Has there been an occasion recently (or since you have been doing CrossFit) where it has helped you in day to day life??
WOD
Work on 3 things you most need improving (25min)
THEN
3Rounds
Max push-ups
Sprint 100m
Post to comments

5 comments:

  1. Trained this morning at jameson park, my runs have been poor lately and I really wanted to improve there.

    4 Rounds

    400m Run
    15 KB Swings 32kg
    15 Push Ups
    1 min rest between rounds

    1. 400 Split 1.34 Round 2.50
    2. 400 Split 1.40 Round 3.38
    3. 400 Split 1.51 Round 4.05
    4. 400 Split 2.05 Round 4.41

    High heat and humidity made things interesting, felt like an oxygen deficient environment, swinging that bell in the summer sun next to the 400m track, I was making some noise lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your F@!king Elite D.C. Next time i am heading to the box on a sunday i will send you an sms. I missed the post this morning so worked on some things that i suck at.

    Tabata Squats(lowest 15) for 8 rounds followed by Tabata Sprints(aiming for 100m). Been struggling sprinting with heavy legs.

    Then a Chipper. Individually timed with no Rest between.
    7 reps Muscle Ups (9:12mins)
    30 Squat Snatches @ 30kg(6:15mins)
    30 Toes To Bar(4:20mins)
    30 Ring Dips(11:30mins)

    It was time to step up and start including Muscle Ups in my workouts. Added the technical squat snatch and worked it fatigued. Toes to Bar to aim for more endurance and Ring Dips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can accredite CrossFit for ticking one of my boxes in life. During the whole time i was professional at league i could never run a sub 10min 2.4km and after a few months of CrossFit i could.

    Another occassion that made me think wow this stuff prepares you for life was when i was running with a PT Client and i tripped, hit the deck chest to ground burpee style and was able to bounce back up and continue the run without falling behind my clients pace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have only just read WOD now .This morning did usual run but sprinted walked sprinted. This afternoon practice kipping and wait for it 3 double unders in row you probably heard the scream.I know I might not ever be a fire breather but a good lighter that ignites everytime is good too!!!Cross fit has taught me never say never.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a rest day on Sunday, and Saturday too actually!. Had lots of events on, late nights, plus worked pretty hard last week M-F.

    For me, it's the psychological effects of CrossFit that make a huge difference to my life. The sense of achievement, the enjoyment, having something to focus on, the great company... without CrossFit (and lifeis before I started at CrossFit) I don't think I would be able to get through some tough life events of the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.