Fight Gone BadIn this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. We've used this in 3 and 5 round versions. The stations are:
(1) Wall Ball (reps)
(2) SDHP 30kg (reps)
(3) Box Jump (reps)
(4) Push-Press (reps)
(5) Row (calories)
The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of "rotate," the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.
Compare http://crossfitpenrith.blogspot.com/search?q=fight+gone+bad
Post score to comments
Ran the group this morning with Darren, Dave and Tash in attendance. CFP welcomes Dave to the saturday morning group.
ReplyDeleteAlthough FGB is as destroying as the rest i feel pretty comfortable with the movements so i made up a W to work on some things that i suck at.
as R'xd 21.57mins.
400m Row (My gut tells me it will be in sectionals)
15 Thrusters @ 50kg (H.C thinks thrusters)
15 Pull Ups C2B (It's CrossFit, of course there will be Chest to Bar Pull Ups)
15 Pushups (I just suck at these)
400m Row
12 of each
400m Row
9 of each
400m Row
Amanda asked "What skills do i need to work on in yesterdays post" I thought that was a great question cause i was asking myself the same question today. I know what i suck at but how do i train it? For how long? Etc Etc.
Time for a team meeting with H.C for all the athletes competing at Sectionals. If you are not sure about what you suck at i will tell you, just ask Veronica and i would like for you to return the favour as we all share a common goal for the next 6 weeks. Go CFP.
Sounds like a great idea. We're all thick skinned, I’m pretty sure that no one will get offended. So let me go first.
ReplyDeleteJody, HC, AHC and all other CFP members who read this could you please, if need be, put down one thing you have seen me not so strong with or your recommendations for me to get better at a certain exercise? This will only help me be a dominate force in the sport i love to train called crossfit! :D
After chatting with you on thursday night Shane I think that your on the money by aiming to put some more weight on which will help with your strength work including your overhead work that you have said before needs improving.
ReplyDeleteWhat's your thoughts on improving my ring dips?
I did a workout today and for 30 ring dips it took me 11.30mins which is horrible. Apart from losing weight, im down to 96 from 103.7.
Thanks Jody. I'm working hard at putting on the KG's no one believes me when i say it's hard to do haha
ReplyDeleteI agree with your comments about the over head weights. I'll keep moving forward.
Your ring dips. My best suggestion is weight and time under tension in strength/endurance zones. Then going through stages of hypertrophy and speed/power training on them. I train a bit on the U.I which has less stability and i find when i get on a set of rings it's way easier. If you train with less stability it gives you more flexibility and more flexibility gives you more mobility.
Glenn has a great way to make some U.I's :)
Cheap too!:D