Tuesday, January 12, 2010

12/1/2010

3 Generations of CrossFitters at CFP
We welcome Margaret to the 6pm session.

WOD (30min limit)
Filthy 50

For time:
50 Box jump,
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings 16kg
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 20kg
50 Back extensions/Supermans 1 second count
50 Wall ball shots,
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

Post to comments


13 comments:

  1. Got through the box jumps, pullups, 16kg KB swings, lunges, KTE's, 20kg PP's & supermans. Then did double unders as the 30min mark was fast approaching, got through 31 of these.

    Didn't actually realise that there was a 30min time limit on this workout until a few minutes to go. And, I mistakenly did kipping pullups until Glenn corrected me (after doing 46 of them!). Fortunately, he didn't make me do them all again properly! Man, my hands are all ripped up now - big hurties :(

    Good workout - disappointed not to get through it all in the 30mins - gives me something to aim for next time though.

    Love the goals whiteboards - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to coming back to Crossfit tonight after doing my last class some time in November....feeling a little nervous about it. I also feel assured that my overall experience from fellow Crossfitters has been nothing but supportive and encouraging so I look forward to seeing you all again tonight at 7pm WOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY, will be great to have you back onboard tonight Melissa...
    FILTHY 50,,, Just completed the pushpress in 30min cut off. & used 20kg KB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We havnt done the Filthy 50 at CFP before, I wanted to program a 30min WOD today & thought it be a good one to intro.. I didnt expect many (if any) to complete in 30min limit. I promise next time this monster rears its head, there will be no time limit attached...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved coming back tonight so much. Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome again. Next time I will do the WOD in order of how it's written...I realised that doing skips with the rope half way through was a bit out of sync as these were last ones written on the board. I will put it down to having brain fade because I haven't been at Crossfit for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawg...

    All over the place with this one, just realised I didn't do the supermans and got the order wrong... also didn't know about the time limit so went to the end
    39.55 rxd everything except the kte as my hands were cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jody"Are you 100% you did 27 burpees in 1.30mins"GallJanuary 12, 2010 at 10:41 PM

    Me first then,
    Got to 18 burpees. Started the burpees with only 1.30mins to go so if my math is good then i reckon i am about 5mins off finishing under the 30mins.

    Great to see Melissa, Julie and Gab back, we miss you guys when you are not around. What was greater tonight was beating Vero...No that's a little harsh. But i do look forward to thursday nights decider. We will have to keep friday to a friendly Miss V as i will be half pissed for that workout going by fridays of late.

    Started "the zone" diet yesterday if anybody is interested besides Glenn who lost 10KG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! following Paleo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I forgot.
    Chris Whittaker get your ass back to CFP!

    Disclaimer:No alcoholic beverages were consumed during this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah it's filthy alright.

    20KG KB swing.
    ended up on burpees at full time. Yeah, 27.
    Not so sure about the 1m30s.

    I could be wrong, but then, I would only be one rep behind Jody "Are you 100% you did 27 burpees in 1.30mins" Gall.
    Buddy you were standing there meditating by the time I got to 10 of them...
    I say go to the video ref... you're just burned about being beaten by the old hack.

    we did good.

    only no rep'd 5 out of 50 wall balls. PB.

    feel better after it than when i started.
    life is good.

    I also started the zone yesterday, time to get things right.

    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jody"Is Filthy being burned"GallJanuary 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM

    I remember the time when i realized that the pace setters in CrossFit were not always going to be the males. A little shovenist i know but after coming from a male dominated sport like Rugby League & again Boxing i never thought that i would be competing against women and then Veronica turned up and all that changed. Im getting there Col......... You have stepped up your game and it's now you as well that i have to chase. It's good, it's healthy, it's a competition were you shake hands before the match as well as after.

    Cheers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Filthy fifty...it's FILTHY ALRIGHT!!!

    Got half way through the pushpress for time then completed the rest of the WOD not sure what time i did all up. Sore next day but feeln great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Veronica "Jody, let me tell you this, Thursday can be the decider for this week, however,I'm not done with you" Mifsud said.....

    Wow....I just knew it when I saw this one that Jody was gonna take me, I knew exactly where and I was 100% on the mark, KTE's, then pffft a 20kg Push Press would be like Push Pressing a toothpick for you, haha. That's OK, I can take the loss, you deserved the win tonight.

    I'm glad that "I turned up" and as a female I can challenge you, I won't stop trying, just a warning.

    Jody, I hope you stuck to your 2 beers for the night, me personally, I'm not convinced that you did.

    I got to 35 Wall Balls, shame the KTE's weren't last for me to miss out on completely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Filthy FITZY 50 . Did WOD wed am on my own as I was so sore from Cindy monday night. Was up to 10 burpees at 30 min mark and completed full Wod 35mins something (cant remember). What scared me the most in the whole WOD was the wall balls, will have to keep practising better technique on those babys. ADIOS AMIGOS

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.