WOD
Steve Taylor, a lifeis member who died on January the 7th 2008, was a frequent visitor to the stairs along with his wife Jo, Kev andJody and always gave his best effort, something he will always be remembered for. The Steve Taylor Stair challenge requires each participant to complete as many sets of stairs (107 stairs in total) as they can from the bottom to the top with a walk back down recovery. Are you up for the challenge? If so, come along and honour Steve and give your best effort in the Steve Taylor Stair Challenge
Are you up for the challenge?
After meeting at the Car Park at the end of the Old Great Western Highway Emu Plains a short stroll or jog(1km) will lead us to "the stairs". The Steve Taylor Stair Challenge requires each participant to complete as many sets of stairs(107 stairs in total) with a walk back down recovery. Participants can either walk or jog up the stairs with all participants to walk back down for recovery. The challenge is for everyone, the only thing we ask is that in honour of Steve, you give your best effort on the day.
After meeting at the Car Park at the end of the Old Great Western Highway Emu Plains a short stroll or jog(1km) will lead us to "the stairs". The Steve Taylor Stair Challenge requires each participant to complete as many sets of stairs(107 stairs in total) with a walk back down recovery. Participants can either walk or jog up the stairs with all participants to walk back down for recovery. The challenge is for everyone, the only thing we ask is that in honour of Steve, you give your best effort on the day.
If you cant make it out, then find the biggest, baddest stairs & climb them till you cant do anymore!!!!
Post to comments
What time are you starting?
ReplyDelete9am
ReplyDeleteThank you Glenn and Jody for making this today's WOD. I am very touched. I train at "Steve's Stairs" fairly regularly, and as I said this morning before we started, every time I see the plaque there, I am filled with gratitude for this very, very special gesture. It really means alot to me and to Steve's parents Ron & Dot. There's a point on the stairs, when I'm nearly at the top, when I don't think my legs can run anymore. That's the spot I always think of Steve. What would he have done when he felt like that? He would've kept going, but even stronger & harder than before. And that's what I do for those final few stairs, I just keep going. I love you Steve and I miss you very much.
ReplyDeleteWOD: 18 laps
And thank you to everyone who came along today - you did an awesome job on a tough workout. And there were a few PB's as well !!! Yeeeee haaaaa!
ReplyDeleteWOD 13 Laps Ran with walk back down recovery.
ReplyDeleteWhen Steve died he left behind a legacy to give each workout your best effort for the day, and he always did. In death, he has been the only person that i have known that still can inspire me. He inspired me today and inspires me everytime i ponder what my own legacy will be. Thankyou Steve, you will always be remembered.
Jo, I didn't realise this was in honour of your late husband. I wish that I was able to attend. If it's an annual event, I'll be there next year. xx
ReplyDelete