Run 2.4km
I was talking to Margaret after her regular Monday 6pm class last week, & she mentioned to me that she feels stronger & fitter now than she has ever been in her life. She thanks CrossFit for that. For Anyone who doesnt know Margaret, she is 78yrs young & more than once has outscored & outlifted training partners in AMRAP's we have paired her up with, some have been 50yrs her junior.
So I got to thinking (yes occasionally I do that) “Can the current you kick the past you’s ass?” 6 months, 5 years, 10 years…
Post to comments

The past me's arse has been kicked from here to Timbuktoo!!!
ReplyDeleteI know for a fact that I can cover 100m about 5secs faster now than when I was at high school. I've certainly never been this strong before or had such fantastic muscles. Plus, I have so much energy - rest days are really hard for me because I'm not expending all that energy inside that's just waiting to explode!
And, apart from being THE most effective training regime I've ever tried, CrossFit is definitely the most FUN - I absolutely LOVE IT!!!
The other really important factor is the whole CFP team, of course. It is such a great environment to train in. The camaraderie, the support, the passion, the inspiration & motivation - brilliant.
Sorry for such a long post!
I need to add something else. I especially want to thank Jody for getting me to where I am now. Several years of weekly PT sessions with Jody were quite simply the most worthwhile investment I've ever made and literally changed my life. And then he introduced me to CrossFit! THANK YOU JODY.
ReplyDeleteThanks for such a good write up about my Mum HC. She is an amazingly strong woman both physically and mentally and I am very proud and thankful for such a person to be in my life. I have been teaching and training for most of my life and most deffinitely all my 23 years of Australian life, and this is the fittest I have ever been, and it is the best type of training I have ever done. I enjoy the challenge the constantly varied types of wods we get and the support we get from all who attend classes, so Thankyou Glen Bear for persisting with me to get me to try Crossfit even when you were at FF, you got me and my family hooked and Courtney and I cant wait to get back to the box (Stuck in UK with the volcano ash). Regionals here we come . Adios Amigos
ReplyDeleteCan the current you kick the past you’s ass?
ReplyDeleteTotally!
When i first started training crossfit i pretty much sucked at most movements with weight. I could not OHS, Snatch, C and J, any thing overhead well.
My first Fran was 14 - 20 minutes... Helen was 18 plus mins... it was outa control...
Nw a 5:01 Fran a 8:15 Hellen. I can run my 400s in record time, i can do so much more...
What a great feeling :D
i have improved sooo much since when i first started doing crossfit. in the top dog games i was struggling to DL 30kg. now my 3rm is 70kg.. i can smash 20 reps of 50kg easily now.
ReplyDeletei have come on so well in everything. my goal was to be the first female to do a muscle up i was soooo determined after i saw my bro get it. and after jody, HC and shanes help i got it.
I LOVE CROSSFIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have never compared anything to soccer becoz i love it soo much. i used to think if i dnt make it as a pro player i would be soo disapointed. i still will be if it doesnt happpen for me but atleast now i know i have something that i love soo much to fall back on CROSSFIT! but my unltimate goal is to become pro soccer player and make it to the crossfit games in america :D
CFP crew u guys are awesome i love being around all of u . the confidence u guys give me is the best. i love it!!!!
THANKYOU :D