Thanks for that question. If you have acess to two KB's use two. AT CFP thinking in a big class format we only require one kb. You're call, based on equipment availability.
WOD: 20kg KB 28:08 Got called on 5 reps of my pullups for using a slight kip. Re did them and apologise for not making it a clear rep! Well done to everyone this morning, good to see people embracing the time under tension for joint and athlete health.
I really think that moving forward these sessions which require a lot more time under tension on the muscular system will really go along way in helping develop every ones abilities at CFP.
I'm excited to see where we will go with workouts like this and how we will all develop! :)
Really glad you liked it, and thanks heaps for the feed back. I love feedback!! :)
WOD: 30:38- subbed pull ups for ring rows instead. Everything else as rx'd. Those lunges with over head press absolutely killed, but told myself, I'm gonna get through this with the 16kg and I did it, so one goal achieved today! Woo Hoo!!
Time under tension is hard but good - reminds me of my PT sessions with Shaneo (Ahh the good old days :)
Finally learnt how to kip and now we are pulling up. No No really good WOD realise how much stronger one arm then the other right hand 12KB ok left did it with a struggle. Weird being exhausted but heart isnt pumping out of chest. Well done on WOD oh yeah 35.35 12KB 60k deadlift
Wow Shane! Really starting to see some muscular definition now. This CrossFit stuff is obviously working for you!
ReplyDeleteI don't like having rest days! Cos I check out the WOD and I always really want to do them! :-(
ReplyDeleteThanks Jo! :) Yeh, just been eating well and training well, lots of sleep and BAM look at my transformation! ;) haha
ReplyDeletehay guy's! i was wondering, the walking lunges, is that done while holding two kb's and pressing one up, or do i alternate with the same kb?
ReplyDeleteHey Steve
ReplyDeleteyou can do either, But we used the 2 bells this morning raising the opposite arm to leg
Hey Steve,
ReplyDeleteThanks for that question.
If you have acess to two KB's use two. AT CFP thinking in a big class format we only require one kb. You're call, based on equipment availability.
WOD: 20kg KB 28:08
Got called on 5 reps of my pullups for using a slight kip. Re did them and apologise for not making it a clear rep!
Well done to everyone this morning, good to see people embracing the time under tension for joint and athlete health.
Hey Shane
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed this workout this morning
Awesome to hear Micheal!
ReplyDeleteI really think that moving forward these sessions which require a lot more time under tension on the muscular system will really go along way in helping develop every ones abilities at CFP.
I'm excited to see where we will go with workouts like this and how we will all develop! :)
Really glad you liked it, and thanks heaps for the feed back. I love feedback!! :)
OMG, are they calf muscles you have Shane?
ReplyDeleteWOD: 33.57 12kg KB on LHS
So tough. I did weighted chin ups and D/B clean & jerks yesterday, and then this today.
ReplyDeleteWOD: 17:02 - 80kg SDL, 17.5kg D/B's, chin over bar pullups and chin ups
WOD: 30:38- subbed pull ups for ring rows instead. Everything else as rx'd. Those lunges with over head press absolutely killed, but told myself, I'm gonna get through this with the 16kg and I did it, so one goal achieved today! Woo Hoo!!
ReplyDeleteTime under tension is hard but good - reminds me of my PT sessions with Shaneo (Ahh the good old days :)
Good WOD Shane!
WOD: Scaled 16kg KB, Red Band Pullups COB
ReplyDeleteTime: 44.09
Time under tension is a really good varied workout and hard work.
By the way Shane you're suspiciously starting to look a lot like Franco Columbo in his peak.
Thanks every one! Glad you liked it. Yeh Daniel. That's the look i've been going for. 180 eggs a week is paying off! ;)
ReplyDelete35.11 rxd.
ReplyDeletelol wow look at those calf muscles
31:25 - with a 16kg KB + 50Kg SDL
ReplyDeleteAnd... I... went... real... slow...
I bloody loved it.
Felt like a Dragonboat training session that I really enjoy which they call "hit and glide" which is slow, deliberate power-paddling strokes.
Man, trying to put a KB overhead slowly as you get up from the lunge was challenging - (but what an awesome movement to train)
Bring it on I want to be strong !
Thanks Shane & cheers CFP...
Dan Said
ReplyDelete31:28, 20kgKB
Great Workout it was so nice to go slow for a change.
hahaha shane i said u looked bigger on skype :P
ReplyDeletegood work everyone sounded tough
Finally learnt how to kip and now we are pulling up. No No really good WOD realise how much stronger one arm then the other right hand
ReplyDelete12KB ok left did it with a struggle. Weird being exhausted but heart isnt pumping out of chest. Well done on WOD oh yeah 35.35 12KB 60k
deadlift