
Do you ever finish a work-out and feel like you just need a little extra help to master a certain skill?
Or maybe you have some additional questions about nutrition that you’d like answered. Sometimes we all like a little personal attention! Supplementing your weekly group classes with a personal training session can help you to fine tune your lifts, master the kipping pull-up, gain more experience with O-Lifting, or get some tips to run or row more efficiently. Working with either Glenn or Jody on an individual basis will give you the chance to work towards your goal on the goal board--and take away some drills that you can bring with you in the group class to help improve your progress.
We’ve got several clients who love the group class--but also want that extra attention from an individual training session. You can work individually--or grab some friends and work in a group of two or three. Talk to either Glenn or Jody today--and start working towards achieving those goals!
Check out Veronica who has been one of my clients since the end of last February, & feel free to ask her about how personal training has helped her progress with CrossFit.
I started training 1:1 with Glenn in February 2009 not really sure what it is that I wanted or was looking for. Yep sure I wanted to be fit, strong and healthy, but what I got was far more than I could have hoped for.
ReplyDeleteNot long after my sessions began we started moving more and more towards CF style workouts and eventually group classes at the box, in conjunction with my PT sessions.
These individual PT sessions allowed me to work on those movements that I found more technically difficult, as well as the movements that I really enjoy. I love strength work and O-Lifting, so being able to work on technique and getting that right, allows me to lift heavier, and in turn it allows me to set new PB's.
My PT sessions have helped me reach and understand what my true potential can be, it's limitless really, because it's a constant work in progress, constantly improving. Without a doubt I couldn't be where I am today without those sessions, so Glenn I thank you, I wouldn't be where I am without your help and guidance, always an ongoing work in progress!
PS: I ♥ CF
Technical correctness = efficiency.
ReplyDeleteEfficiency means less chance of injury and less enegy consumed each rep.
CrossFit isn't about driving yourself into the wall, it's about knowing you're going over the wall and finding the smartest way to do it (which is with conscious skill, precision and body awareness).
I teach horses how to use their bodies correctly to perform amazing things (most of which have a human CrossFit comparison), I believe in the same theory for people... I had to employ someone to teach me how to use my body correctly.
Like I said, don't splatter yourself on the wall, be smart about the endeavor and learn how to really use your body as it is meant to be used (aligned, stong and wholly functioning)... then and only then can you perform amazing things.
P.s. No WOD posted today, so DC and I busted a few moves at Jamison Park and then at FF.
ReplyDelete4 x 400m sprints (Bill, my dog, blitzed us)
1.23
1.31
1.32
1.33
2nd WOD
15min AMRAP
5 x single arm hang snatches (5 each arm, 15kg for me 22.5kg for DC)
10 HSPU (I had 6 plates, DC had 4)
15 Bent over rows 25kg/35kg? (focus = tech)
3 rounds + 5 HSPU
Note to self: HSPU: spread your fingers and squeeze, look forwards, not down.