Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday

(A) EMOTM x 20
Odd, Double-unders
Even, Movement of Choice
For the odd minute perform either 30 Double-unders, or 30 seconds worth of Double-under practice. For the even minute perform a movement that needs practice. it can be anything you would like to work on, but should be something you struggle with. You should think about capping the second movement at 20 seconds worth of work.

(B) 10min AMRAP
5 x Box Jump Overs - 24/20
10 x Ball Slams
5 x Box Jump Overs - 24/20
10 x Russian KB Swings (Heavy)

3 comments:

  1. A). DU's and HSPU. Each round of double unders were taking 18secs, most were unbroken. Found my kip on the HSPU. It was either lost, missing or misplaced take your pick. I was only punching out 2 each round but its a 200% improvement.

    B). 4 rounds + 8 Rx'd with 32kg bell.
    First time doing ball slams. They get the heart pumping. Good WOD today. And the early mornings are getting warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) still practicing double unders , i did 62 in total. slowly getting better.
    I chose to work on pull ups using a red & blue band and completing 4 reps each round.

    B) 4 rounds + 5 box over jumps.
    ball slams were fun , i added 2 mats on top of the 12 inch box and i did KB swings with 16kg(i usually use 12kg) and they were all unbroken.

    I enjoyed this one today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A) got my best run of 17DUs could it be the new rope? Thanks Glenn and Jen!
    Did a few decent (for me) runs of 8, 12, 15,17. Found it really hard to get more out after doing a run like that. Need to get some endurance going....or is it stamina? What's the difference?

    For the other bit I did pullups. I was aiming for max reps with the Orange band, thinking I would do 5/6. I did 10 in 30s a few times, so was really glad about that. Then I tried a round of max pullups with nothing, and I couldn't even do ONE! *sob* at least I picked the right thing to work on. Then I went to the skinny pink band and did 4,4, and made it to 5 for my last round.

    B) 4+5
    20kg KB swings! I don't think I've even TOUCHED a 20 bell before,so that was cool. And I did them all unbroken.
    20" box


    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.