Sunday, September 22, 2013

Yoga at CrossFit Penrith


Yoga at CrossFit Penrith

We’re pleased to announce that CrossFit Penrith has now added a Sunday morning Yoga class to its timetable.  We welcome Sandy Santucci to our team of Coaches at CrossFit Penrith.  

This Yoga class is open to everyone! You don’t have to be a member of CrossFit Penrith or even do CrossFit.  

When: Sundays at 8.30am
Where: CrossFit Penrith - Unit 3/18 Abel Street, Penrith
Cost: $5.00 for Unlimited Members of CFP, $10 for 2x Per Week Members of CFP and $15.00 for Non-Members

Read on for a bio from Sandy:

Why Yoga?!

How I started out with Yoga and what manifested after that.

I started practicing Yoga in  my early 20s when I was at University to overcome my stress levels, to be more relaxed and focused during my exams and my studies.  From that point on Yoga has always been part of me in some form or another.

Yoga gives me strength, clarity and awareness in everything that I do!  It allows me to have the patience to accept my weaknesses, to learn from my mistakes, enhance my strengths and opportunities and gives me a deeper understanding of discovering my greatest potential.

As I continue to enrich and evolve along my yoga and life journeys; I constantly pursue the true element of finding balance to make the best decisions for my life without the obsession of expecting the perfect outcome, but discovering the most profound outcome relating to the situation at hand - no matter how simple or challenging the circumstance.

As a natural progression of my insatiable thirst for knowledge, I enthusiastically took my  Yoga practice to another level when I began my Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching in 2010 at Nature Care College in St Leonards and began my career as a fully certified Yoga Instructor in 2011.

My true passion for teaching Yoga is to provide my students a space where they can be present with their bodies, minds and hearts, regardless of what their physical, emotional or spiritual beliefs or capabilities are.  

I enjoy supporting students that possess difficult life challenges or stressful situations both physically (from either trauma/injury or lacking flexibility), and emotionally (their relationship with others and themselves) as these individuals usually have the most profound improvements in all facets of their lives!

My students are my true inspiration and are the true essence of why I am passionate about teaching Yoga!  I continue to learn and always hold that beginner’s mindset to keep myself grounded and to discover innovative and creative ways of adapting and evolving this ancient practice into our modern era.

I predominantly teach Hatha Yoga which combines movement (asana) with the breath (pranayama), by combining the enhancement of mental focus to develop physical strength, flexibility (both muscular and skeletal), and to deepen awareness and relaxation.

With the use of Yoga props (where necessary) through Iyengar Yoga - I also encompass and combine the skills of blocks, belts and blankets to allow students the accessibility to deepen their practice in safety and with full awareness of their body wisdom.

A combination of these Yoga styles above, along with proper alignment and encompassing a mindful approach to practicing Yoga will bring balance, strength, mental clarity, inner peace and a holistic sense of well-being both in body and mind.

Main benefits of regularly practicing Yoga (but are not limited to) include:

  • Building strength (physical, mental, emotional)
  • Increase/improve muscle tone and flexibility
  • Enhances physical and mental balance and focus
  • Encourages proper body alignment/posture
  • Reduces stress/anxiety
  • Improves quality of sleep
  • Speeds up recovery time
  • Complimentary to all other exercises/activities
  • Increase lung capacity for improved oxygen (O) and carbon dioxide (CO2) balance
  • Detoxifying and cleansing for all major organs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.