I remember how i was feeling when Jules lined up for this shot. My goal going into the sectionals was to be our top placed male to secure a spot in the affiliate cup team. After the 3rd workout i was 1 spot ahead of D.C with Shane and Russ behind D.C. Both myself and D.C were in the same heat so i knew that i had to beat him. D.C was behind me so i couldn't keep an eye on where he was at but the i knew that he would be attacking it. I gave everything i had left in that workout and finished behind D.C. At the end i was physically and emotionally exhausted and that was the moment Jules hit the button. After a couple of minutes I was feeling disapointed for not achieving my goal. But the most positive thing for me in that experience was that i realized D.C has the potential to push himself that last 5% that seperates the ones that make it to the top and the ones that don't. Now i look forward to seeing what you can achieve D.C and look forward to lining up next to you for the regionals, knowing that everything you have to give you will give to the team.
Thank you Jody that means a hell of a lot to me. During competition I find new gears and I do become even more willing to feel pain. I am excited to see what level I can reach while not only striving for myself but for our team. All of us boys wanted to make top 20 and we were all disappointed not too but I can see in each of us since returning a new determination to improve and train harder than before. Loss is a powerful motivator if you are strong...and we are. Today i didn't exactly rest, no rest for the wicked! At a public park in Glebe with Jess I was scaring the birds and the elderly today..
5 Rounds
200M Run 50 walking lunges 10kg plate overhead 10 Pullups C2B 10 Ring Dips
I remember how i was feeling when Jules lined up for this shot.
ReplyDeleteMy goal going into the sectionals was to be our top placed male to secure a spot in the affiliate cup team. After the 3rd workout i was 1 spot ahead of D.C with Shane and Russ behind D.C. Both myself and D.C were in the same heat so i knew that i had to beat him. D.C was behind me so i couldn't keep an eye on where he was at but the i knew that he would be attacking it. I gave everything i had left in that workout and finished behind D.C.
At the end i was physically and emotionally exhausted and that was the moment Jules hit the button.
After a couple of minutes I was feeling disapointed for not achieving my goal. But the most positive thing for me in that experience was that i realized D.C has the potential to push himself that last 5% that seperates the ones that make it to the top and the ones that don't.
Now i look forward to seeing what you can achieve D.C and look forward to lining up next to you for the regionals, knowing that everything you have to give you will give to the team.
Thank you Jody that means a hell of a lot to me.
ReplyDeleteDuring competition I find new gears and I do become even more willing to feel pain. I am excited to see what level I can reach while not only striving for myself but for our team.
All of us boys wanted to make top 20 and we were all disappointed not too but I can see in each of us since returning a new determination to improve and train harder than before. Loss is a powerful motivator if you are strong...and we are.
Today i didn't exactly rest, no rest for the wicked!
At a public park in Glebe with Jess I was scaring the birds and the elderly today..
5 Rounds
200M Run
50 walking lunges 10kg plate overhead
10 Pullups C2B
10 Ring Dips
22.45