Heres the deal:You are in Westfield Plaza on your lunch break when you feel the floor start to move under you. You think "Could this be an earthquake" at the same time the evacuation siren sounds. By now the walls are starting to collapse & its time to evaquate ASAP.
Upon meeting at the evacuation point you hear that the Fire & Rescue are 2 hours away. You picture all the trapped people inside & decide to go back in & rescue as many people as you can.
I-Evacuation
25 Box Jumps (Men over the box) (Females on)
1 Full Ladder
II-Uncover Trapped People
5 Rounds/3 Rounds
15 Deadlifts
12 Hang Power Clean
9 Push Press
*Beginner 22kg/ Light 30kg/ Medium 50kg/ Heavy 80kg
Choose between the 4 different weighted bars for various lifts (aim is to use the one bar)
*Limited bars will be on offer so maintain composure & deal with whatever situation you encounter.
III-Rescue The Injured
5 Rounds/3 Rounds
5 Push-Ups
10 Weighted Step-Ups 20/10kg
15 Squats
IV-Carry to Safety
200m Farmers Walk 48/32kg
Reports come through that aftershocks are predicted, so it is crucial to work as fast as possible. The aim is to start phase IV within 35min & carry any injured to safety in under 50min.
Post to comments
Heading off to Bed, Looking forward to the 6am Session
ReplyDeleteThis sounds great - I am so sorry to miss it :(
ReplyDeleteSomeone might have to rescue you Jody when you collapse on the floor asleep!
Sounds like a regular drill at work for me haha, should be awesome looking forward to it!! Coming straight from physio, so hopefully I'll make it!
ReplyDeleteGood fun work out.
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a top workout. I really wanted to make it in today, but due to unforeseen circumstances i cant make it in. I'm going to attempt it on my own, but I don't know what a full ladder is. Can anyone help please?
ReplyDeleteIt's a shuttle run. Run form the start to the first cone, then back to the start. Then run to the second cone and back to the start, i think we had 5 cones spaced out over 50m
ReplyDeleteThe AM'ers had a blast with this WOD. Watching everyone wear their (daily/work) attire, especially Tash the Radiographer wearing her 12kg lead apron was awesome. Rob from Norwest had something similar last year (Cliff Hanger). At CrossFit we train for life so working out in our daily wear & fighting through this scenario with some teamwork was fitting.
ReplyDeleteWell done everyone..
Loved it !!!!! Looking forward to the next 1 .....
ReplyDeleteHI all
ReplyDeleteWould someone please tell me what a Farmers Run is? Thanks
better make that a farmers walk...the WOD sounds interesting enough without subbing a walk with a run :)
ReplyDeleteAnon, a farmers walk is a traditional strongman event that requires a strong back and plenty of grip strength. The Rxd was a 24kg bell in each hand for males and a 16kg Bell for females. Not sure where the term "Farmers" came in to it but try it out. Running to far without your grip strength failing is a huge challenge. You are actually allowed to run if you wish. Try it out & let me know how you go.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Had an awesome time at this workout!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis was a fun workout, would have been interesting to see everyone in their "normal clothes". I did it with time to spare... I guess I should have gone 5 rounds to "Uncover trapped people" (oh well left some bodies for others to find!!). Oh and I sure am glad I'm not a farmer!!
ReplyDeleteCan't believed I missed it, damnn!!
ReplyDeleteThis was a fantastic work out i really enjoyed this one, great turn out heaps of new faces, time 35:06... we should do these more often :) great work team
ReplyDeleteThis was heaps of fun! It was really good seeing everybody working as a team, especially when Shane first started helping Kylie with the deads then Shane and Walter working together to complete the rounds with the 80kg bar.
ReplyDeletemy time - 37:20... and thankfully, we all made the cut off.
What a great workout! This is what Training should always be about. Coming together, working as a unit and completeting everything you set out to do with your friends right there with you!
ReplyDeleteI really got into the scenario in my mind. I found myself thinking "where are my friends, i hope they have gotten out in time, i wonder if i will get out in time"
I was working with walter, we did i think 4 of 5 rounds with the 80kgs bar. Duel team deadlifts, cleans and push press! What a different feeling it was to do them movements with someone on the bar with you!
I felt like we were really working towards helping/saving lives.
I got out and onto the last section with about one minute something to go and carried them KB's home with every last bit of grip strength i had.
Thanks for this wod, it actually shows that what I’m doing pays off into real life work and that we are strong and useful! ;)
Very proud of everyone efforts!
Well done Glenn and Jody dor facilitating!
P.s Kylie, me and Justine were talking after the WOD and wanted to congratulate you on how far you have come since crossfit. It was GREAT watching you today and seeing you do the deadlifts and the run with such confidence and concentration! Well done!
Did the WOD in a dress. I didn't get my time though.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great effort put in by all, the team work was amazing, everyone should be really proud of their efforts.