Monday, March 22, 2010

Fran

CrossFit Ramstein
Fran
21-15-9
Thrusters 40/30kg
Pull-Ups

Recover

Get something heavy & Lift it!!! (spend 15min practicing any lift to a 5Rm limit)

Post to comments


22 comments:

  1. I want one of these shirts. they are fantastic !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran: As Rxd

    Time: 13.58

    Ugly performance on this one, really need to get thrusters sorted.

    Thanks Russ for the extra push in the last rounds, and congrats on your sub 5 minute fran.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran: 4:55 RXD
    Old time was 6:31, so very happy with that. Congrats to amanda for destroying her old time by 4 minutes with a 6:22.
    Great to see everyone have a go at Fran, she's one tough bitch.
    The strength work was awesome, the orders were to just lift shit, so we did. To see the likes of Amanda and Kendell flip the big tyre was amazing! Can't wait to see what the PM class can get up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its my rest day today, so instead of fran I did some weighted push ups.
    10 @ 10kg
    7 @ 20kg
    5 @ 30kg
    4 @ 35kg
    1 @ 40kg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody"Just rose from my morning nap"GallMarch 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM

    Doesn't sound like a rest to me Steve, my rest day would be more like a 6 pack and a swim in the pool, so yesterday would count as me rest day then.
    The 6am group was a beauty. Russ and Amanda smoked their times and the lifting shit was a whole lot of fun.
    Look forward to seeing everybody's times and comments today. Yeah Fran is a tough bitch but CFP is tougher and there is more of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats Russ N Amanda. What a fantastic effort. Great work !!!!

    Hasta esta noche (See ya tonight)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My last CFP Fran time was 8.26. My last Fran time was 7.17 (done at my Cert 1 @ CFX in November) and today was 6.14 Rxd, so I shaved off or took a nice chunk (1 minute and 3 seconds) off in only 4 months.

    Thanks Shane and HC for support today, and well done to everyone else, I know how much Fran can hurt and I was hurting afterwards, I found lifting other shit afterwards a struggle.

    Well done to the AM crew, especially Russ and Amanda and just go for it to the PM crew, I wish I could be there to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited about shaving 4 minutes off my FRAN time
    6.26 as RXD
    Thanks Russ and Lynne, Great work Russ on Sub 5:00 That's my next goal and great work V

    Good Luck PM

    ReplyDelete
  9. First attempt at Fran this morning: 9:42 as rxd.

    So impressed by the blistering times set this morning - very inspiring stuff!

    I know I can do much better than 9:42, so my excuse is 10 days of too many late nights, followed by too many early mornings, with too much unhealthy food, and WAY too much champagne! But it was all great fun! Needless to say, I found it pretty hard this morning after all that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Over the last week or so I was in Perth participating in a big sports carnival organised by my work (Tax Office). These are held every 2 or 3 years and around 800 employees take part (we all take leave and pay our own way, so there's no misuse of public monies!).

    I cannot tell you how many people commented on my level of fitness and asked me what training I have been doing - and of course I spread the gospel according to CrossFit far and wide!

    I can credit CrossFit for making me 4th woman across the line in the 6k fun run (22nd overall), 1st in breaststroke, 2nd in backstroke and a gold medallist in mixed netball. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet - it's actually the CrossFit trumpet I am blowing, very loud and very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 8:40
    @22kg

    :)
    Fran is hard but I really liked it never done it before but I promise next time Jody as RXD lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome work tonight everyone
    Fran time: 4:52 RXD
    I'm very pleased with my result, I never expected it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. First time I did Fran was at CERT 1 , and it hurt 8:37 and I couldnt kip to save my life. Second Fran was at sectionals with double unders thrown in for good measure and I beat my normal Fran time and that hurt too. Tonight I gave everything and cleaned 3min+ off my time and it hurt like hell, but loved HER. Well done to everyone 6pm, Courtney you did awesome with your leg brace n all, n my Mum . Good Luck 7pm n well done to everyone today at CFP who did FRAN.
    ADIOS AMIGOS

    ReplyDelete
  14. My first time doing FRAN today was good, my shoulders were a little sore, made the thrusters tough, just subbed pull ups for the ring rows.

    I'm gonna go down tomorrow during open box and work on using those elastics.

    FRAN Time: 8:04

    ReplyDelete
  15. My First Fran and what a killer
    completed as RXD 10:00 neat will need to work on my kips.
    Well done Lynne, I couldn't believe it when you called time, I was just into my second round.

    Braydon,
    Fran 9:35, 15kg on the bar.
    Little smart arse picked up the kip on his first attempt. But he's got some killer blisters to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fran: 6.42 As Rxd

    Awesome, but awesome results today all round.
    Performances from everyone with the intention of getting down to business.

    Really good...

    ReplyDelete
  17. My last fran time was 8:15, scaled to ring pulls/rows,
    i have mived up to the pull ups with bands and rxd thruster weights
    time9:11, really happy that i made it under 10 minutes
    every one was awsome in the 6pm class tonight :) great efforts from amanda, russ, V, and Lynne, very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great day at CFP. I am confident to say that everyone beat their old Fran times or improved in their power output by lifting more weight or using a lighter band for pull-ups but the person that stands out for me today is Nerida Ellis. Nerida is about to start a new path in life after passing her physical assessment on sunday for the police. When you work 40% of your life it makes sense to follow something that your are passionate about or the least interested in.

    Very proud of you Nerida for achieving an important goal in life and i am sure that all of CFP will support you, it is just the way we roll.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 8:08 @ 22kg
    Always a pleasure to witness how amazing the CFP athletes are! I agree on Jody's comment "Fran is tough but CFP are tougher" well done everyone truly inspirational as always, a team I am always proud to be part of!
    Thank you to Jody for your encouragement and for helping me achieve my goals, and thank you to my CFP team for your encouragement and support it means the world to me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.